Do you have all of the essentials? What makeup products should every woman own? I asked makeup artists for their must have products that every woman should own. They spilled their favorite products, and some of them are available at your local drugstore!
I got some very detailed answers (and way more than I thought I’d get!) so I’ve split this post up into 2 pieces. Today you’ll get part 1, part 2 is next week! (Here’s a link to Part 2!)
Brianna Gonzalez, also blogs at Briksia
• Either a brow powder or brow pencil to fill in their brows is a must-have in my book. Senna and Maybelline have great brow products.
• Concealer! I’m loving the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to hide dark circles and other skin issues.
• A good, bright lipstick. I’ve been using the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 69 a lot lately.
• And, of course, mascara! I love the Covergirl Lashblast mascara.
Laura, blogs at My Newest Addiction, and she is available as a makeup artist
• I feel that everyone needs a nice medium pink blush like Tarte Exposed.
• Lip balm is always necessary, whether you like bold lips or nude; my favorite balm is the Tatcha Gold Camellia Nourishing Lip Balm.
• A fabulous mascara will always do the trick. One that lengthens and volumizes is Chanel Le Volume.
Norah Salazar blogs at Norah Loves Makeup, and she is available as a makeup artist
“Every woman must own these items, they are good and worth every dollar!”
• a lash curler by Shu Uemura
• a concealer/ color corrector L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
• CoverGirl mascara
• Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
• Senna Cosmetics brow kit
Sheila, blogs at The Painted Ladies, and she is available as a makeup artist
• Every woman NEEDS an eyeshadow primer. This is essential for making sure your eyeshadow blends beautifully and stays in place during the day. I love Prestige Primed and Ready.
• A foundation primer, like Hourglass No. 28, which keeps makeup looking smooth and keeps it in place all day.
• Also, every woman needs a creamy gel-based eyeliner, like Urban Decay’s 24/7 liners, which are easy to blend, and can even be blended out
Christina Farrell also blogs at The Makeup Blogger
• Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer
• Stila Lip and Cheek stains
• Senna Cosmetics Voluptulash
• IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush
• Hourglass Ambiant Light Powders
• MAC Lusterglass in Wonderstruck
• Orlane Highlight Care Brush
• I think that every woman needs the proper makeup tools. Without using the right tools even using the most expensive makeup wouldn’t matter. I love my Beauty Blender, and my go-to brushes, are Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Real Techniques Setting Brush. I have some favorites from Bdellium Tools and sigma.
• I absolutely love L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer. It’s running neck and neck with my Make Up For Ever HD Concealer.
Don’t forget to check out Makeup Essentials: Must Haves From Makeup Artists, Part 2!