Last week I shared what makeup artists think every woman needs in her makeup bag, and I promised part 2 this week. Finally, I have it for you today!
• Bioderma makeup remover
• Lucas Papaw Ointment
Ivy Boyd blogs at Wake Up For Makeup
• An eyelash curler, Tarte makes a great fool-proof one
• An eyeshadow primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion
• Translucent setting powder like Make Up For Ever HD Powder
• Eyeko skinny eye liner
• Benefit Benetint (liquid blush)
• Benefit Porefessional Primer
• Per-fékt Beauty Lash Perfection Gel
• EOS egg lip balm
• 2 products that clients ask about all the time when they see my apply them to their faces (and I would never personally be without) Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in Shade #13 which is Warm Beige. Aqua Cream is an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream made of a high concentration of mother-of-pearl pigments and I use it to “Warm Up” All Skin Tones.
• The Second Must have is the Make Up For Ever Lip Line Perfector. This is a colorless, waxy pencil that keeps the color inside the lip line and prevents lipstick from bleeding and feathering. Will not change the shape or color of lips so it truly is a product that will work for everyone.
Dimitri James founder of Skinn Cosmetics
• YSL Touché Eclat – to refresh, conceal and highlight any time of day
• A perfect for you shade of Chanel red lipstick
• Lancôme black mascara
• Bobbi Brown concealer
• Skinn Cosmetics’ Plasma Flawless Finish Powderless Touch Up Skin Perfecter
• Bodyography Sun Defense Tinted Moisturizer – gives medium coverage with the perfect dewy finish
• Bodyography lipstick in Unrequited Love – the ultimate satin matte nude pink
• Revlon Grow Lucious Mascara – the performance is as cute as the packaging
• Bodyography Canvas Eye Mousse – covers dark circles and smooths out the eye lid
• MAC eye shadow in Woodwinked – the most beautiful gold shadow that works for every skin tone
• A great mascara (a must). I love Lancome mascaras and L’Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black is my go-to.
• Concealer because some days we just look tired.
• Tweezers to keep the brows in shape. I use Anastasia
• Other than that, makeup is a personal preference. Some women don’t need foundation. If you don’t need it, don’t wear it! But I think EVERY woman needs to have a skincare regimen and they must wear sunscreen!!
• I created the “The Essential Brush Kit” to be the fundamental tools that every women needs in their makeup kit. This kit includes the foundation, contour, blending, shader, smudger, and synthetic angled liner brush. Bronzer, mascara, lipgloss, and a higlighter is always great to have especially if you’re always on the go!
Shannon Van Horn
• A “lip toned” lipstick or gloss. I’m a big believer of having several lip product options. In particular, everyone needs a “go to” lipgloss. A favorite. Something that is flattering when you’re not wearing a stitch of makeup- which is why I like it to be “lip colored” or the lip color you wish you woke up with. My favorite has always been MAC Viva Glam VI. Lately, I’ve been obsessing over Make Up For Ever No. 23. Other faves: MAC Plushglass “Power Supply” or Dazzleglass “Get Rich Quick” I also love the Revlon Lipstain Balm in Adore.
• Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil
• Coconut Groove eyeshadow by NARS
• A Beauty Blender sponge it just applies the makeup beautifully
• Lash curler
• A good set of tweezers, I like Tweezerman
• An eyelash curler
• A great lip balm like Gabriel Organics Marine Lip Treatment
• ZUZU LUXE Wipes
• A gorgeous shade of lipstick
• Gabriel Color Multi Pot
Don’t forget to check out Makeup Essentials: Must Haves From Makeup Artists Part 1