Today for Top 10 Tuesday we’re sharing our favorite manicure products. If you read my blog regularly, you’ll likely recognize many of these products, they were most recently featured in My Quick and Easy Manicure Routine. I’ll discuss why I like each product here, but if you want a real step by step for an at home manicure you should head over to that post instead.
1. Cutex Nail Polish Remover Pads: I love these pads for removing toe nail polish! They’re just felt soaked in polish remover, so if I run out I’ll grab some craft felt and remover, but I always seem to make a mess on my own. These pads are also great for travel.
2. Acetone Jar: This is my usual method of polish remover. I love these jars! It’s super easy to just dip your finger in to remove polish. I use pure acetone jars for glitter polish (this one is the in house Walmart brand) and Cutex non-acetone jars for regular polish.
3. Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover: I use this at least once a week on my cuticles to keep them looking neat, but it also does a great job of helping my feet looking soft.
4. Orly Cutique: Similar to the Sally Hansen product, except I use this one primarily for removing stains from my nail. A light layer for a minute or two, then scrub with a nail brush.
5. Sally Hansen Push ‘n Trim: Yes, you aren’t supposed to cut your cuticles. But even with regular cuticle remover use, I get those little hang nail things off to the side of my nail that just hurt like crazy every time you bump them. This is perfect for removing just that bit of skin and leaving everything else around it intact.
6. Orly Bonder Base Coat: My favorite base coat.
7. Seche Vite Top Coat: My favorite top coat.
8. Dappen Dish: I clean up a manicure with one of these cheap little dishes. Fill with pure acetone, then using a little stiff angled brush (a cheap eye liner brush is perfect) I brush the acetone along the edges of the nail. The brush is stiff enough to pull off the excess nail polish but it can go under the nail plate edge as well.
9. Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme: I love this thick creme! I use it at night right before bed. In the summer it goes mostly on my cuticles, but during the winter I’ll use it on my entire hand.
10. CND Solar Oil: When I need extra moisture in the winter I’ll apply a layer of Solar Oil to my skin first, let it sink in for a minute or two and then seal it in with the Creme.
What are your favorite products? I’m always looking for new ones!