The article is the best of beauty and fashion (and yes, I was especially taking note of some of the fashion items, like the LL Bean pullover that I want to pick up), some of which I've used and the nine beauty essentials, of which I've tried two. Seriously, TWO. How can that be??
First, I was pretty proud of myself for the iconic makeup colors they featured on the first page of the article. I haven't tried Fire & Ice, or the Guerlain bronzer. I own Stila Kitten in a million other forms and love it, though I admit I somehow don't have the original shadow. I have NARS Orgasm in a lippie, a gloss, an illuminator, I have the original blush and the suped up Super Orgasm blush, the multiple, the nail polish... kind of crazy. Regardless, I agreed with all of their iconic shade choices. They're pretty universally flattering and classic!
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum: This serum is meant to be used under your eye cream twice a day (wow, 2 eye products twice a day?) and it targets fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles and dryness.
• Olay Professional Pro-X Spot Fading Treatment: This Olay treatment is designed to reduce the look of dark spots caused by years of sun damage. The primary active ingredient is Niacin.
• Fekkai Smooth Sailing Anti-Frizz Cream: Lightweight and shine enhancing, this cream helps with smoothing frizzy hair and fly aways. It sounds like something I need for summer!
• Batiste Dry Shampoo is a classic, and I love that it is so cheap and comes in so many versions! I included it in my 10 Best Dry Shampoos post and I'm currently using the Batiste Brunette as my go-to dry shampoo.
• Mally Beauty Illuminating Blush Duo: Have you noticed that I've been mentioning Mally Beauty a lot lately? I've been really loving everything I try from Mally. I'm seriously about to just go crazy and buy everything she makes. For real. This blush is a long lasting formula and comes paired with a subtle cream highlighter.
• Giorgio Armarni Face Fabric Foundation: I've heard that Giorgio's foundation is amazing, I have blogging friends who won't wear anything else, which is pretty amazing. This one is lightweight and perfects your skin while allowing actual skin to show through.
• L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara: Yes, it is as good as the name sounds.
• Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick: I've been loving cream shadows lately for how quick and easy they are to use. I've heard this Bobbi Brown lasts forever.
• Origins Gloomaway Grapefruit body souffle: Doesn't this super moisturizing body lotion sound like it smells divine? I love citrus scents in the spring and summer, and while I usually go for oranges and lemons, this year I feel drawn to grapefruit.
Have you tried any of these beauty items? There are a ton of other great picks in the Martha Stewart article, like a drugstore lotion that they're using like Windex (Yes, put some Windex on it!)