Somehow, I was able to get Kate's personal recommendations for how to prepare for upcoming special events, whether you have a week or just a few days to get that glow!
Regardless of upcoming holiday parties or New Year’s Eve bash, you should always keep up with your skincare regimen to maintain a healthy, radiant complexion. To get the healthiest, youngest-looking skin, you have to take care of it at every level. It is important to always follow these five basic principles.
• Protect: wear sunscreen and be careful of UV exposure which can cause photoaging and skin cancers.
• Hydrate: Drink water, take your omega-3 and moisturize!
• Feed your face! Topical vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and essential oils have been found to be incredibly efficient in feeding the skin. Also, your diet is an integral part of skin health.
• Stimulate: The stimulation of circulation – along with collagen and elastin and other processes that support a healthy cellular structure – becomes increasingly critical as we age. Stimulate your skin with topical ingredients such as Vitamin A and Peptides. Trace minerals such as zinc and magnesium, as well as omega-3 are very important for collagen synthesis.
• Detoxify the body internally and externally to rid toxins and impurities:
~~~Externally detoxifying means a few things: Daily cleansing, exfoliating and monthly facials, whether at home or at a skin-care salon.
~~~Internally: You can do a daily cleanse through certain drinks and foods such as pure cranberry juice, lemon juice in water and green tea. If you do a longer-term cleanse, always consult a doctor or nutritionist before starting.
However, if you want an immediate healthy sparkle right before an event, try my Somerville360 Body or Face Self-Tanning Pads. They are not only quick and easy to use, but they prevent uneven tone or streaking, won’t stain hands and create glowing skin in two to four hours!
Also try my new DermalQuench Liquid Lift. It is an at-home product inspired by the Clinic treatment that only takes seconds and is used twice a day to deliver deep hydration to improve the look of elasticity and tone, rejuvenate the skin and immediately reveal a gorgeous glow.
Image from dr_vaibhavahuja