Living with a skin disorder is hard, especially when it’s strategically placed on your right eye and you’re married to a 6’3 250lb ex-football player! I constantly find myself saying, “Yes, everything is fine at home!” Now that I’m older I’m not as self-conscious about my skin disorder as I used to be. Before, I was all about not leaving the house without covering it up but, this period of low self esteem helped spiked my love for makeup and its amazing ability to transform you’re look with a flick of the wrist.
If you’re a teen dealing with a skin disorder and you’re looking to create a beauty kit on a budget I’ve shared with you my favorite correctors and concealers. I’ve also included some of my other favorite beauty items that will help you complete your entire look!
• Choose a corrector or a concealer. If you’re looking to cancel out redness a Green Toned Corrector works well. If you’re looking to conceal dark birthmarks or disorders try correctors or concealers that have salmon shades. Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector Concealers work great just for this! $5.49
• Choose a foundation that will give you great coverage but not be too heavy. L’oreal True Match foundation comes in a range of shades and is great for all skin types! Choose a powder in the same shades to apply over your foundation to set it. $12.99
• Milani Baked Blush gives the option of a wonderfully pigmented blush with a bit of shimmer! $7.49
• Milani Runway Eyes and Baked Eye shadows give you a great array of colors that are super intense when applied wet! $7.99
• Maybelline The Rocket Mascara will really make your lashes take off! $7.99
• My favorite go to eyeliner is the Maybelline Ultra Liner. I love it because it’s waterproof and doesn’t smear. $5.10
• Maybelline Vivids and Color Whispers lipsticks are some of the hottest shades around. Be daring and go bright with the Vivids or tone it down with the Color Whispers. $7.49
• NYX has great range of inexpensive lip liners. You can find most of these at your local beauty supply store retailing for as little as $2.00 per pencil.
These are my number one go to beauty products for creating an amazing flawless yet simple look. Remember beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. If you feel fabulous then you are!
Melody is the blogger behind Cosmetically Challenged, and one of the beauty bloggers I talk to the most! She’s an amazingly sweet person who also happens to be working on her PhD, working to save the world from Malaria! Her blog is definitely worth reading daily, her pictures will make you want to buy every Maybelline Vivid Lippie. I’m not kidding.