Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe skincare product from Tarte. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note this list is a work in progress, for this post I am adding products as I go. I have only reviewed the ingredients for the products specifically mentioned here.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Tarte
• base tape hydrating primer
• BB tinted treatment primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
• brighter days highlighting moisturizer
• cosmic maracuja concentrated face balm
• deep dive cleansing gel
• drink of H2O hydrating boost moisturizer
• first step prep moisture reset cream
• fresh eyes maracuja waterproof eye makeup remover wipes
• frxxxtion stick 3-in-1 exfoliating cleanser
• maracuja neck treatment
• maracuja oil
• mermaid skin™ hyaluronic H2O serum
• pack your bags undereye patches
• pout prep lip exfoliant
• Rainforest of the Sea™ deep sea collagen super serum
• Rainforest of the Sea™ 4-in-1 setting mist
• Rainforest of the Sea™ quench hydrating primer
• ready, set, radiant skin mist
• shape tape™ pore & prime balm
• tight & bright clay multi-mask
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• blemish bully acne spot treatment: Salicylic Acid
• knockout tingling treatment: Salicylic Acid
• maracuja C-brighter™ eye treatment: Licorice Root
• tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Salicylate
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
• Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20: Retinol
• Rainforest of the Sea™ sting zing lip plumping serum: Bakuchiol is the new “plant” retinoid, I would avoid this until we know more about use in pregnancy.
• Tarteguard 20 tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20: Retinol