Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from NARS as of 7/28/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, etc.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about NARS on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from NARS
• AQUA GEL LUMINOUS MASK
• AQUA GEL LUMINOUS OIL-FREE MOISTURIZER
• AQUA-INFUSED MAKEUP REMOVING WATER
• AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK (at Sephora)
• DOUBLE REFINING EXFOLIATOR
• FULL VINYL LIP LACQUER (at Sephora)
• GENTLE CREAM CLEANSER
• LAGUNA LIQUID BRONZER
• LIP GLOSS (at Sephora)
• LIPSTICK (at Sephora)
• LIQUID BLUSH (at Sephora)
• LOADED LIP LACQUER
• LUMINOUS MOISTURE CREAM
• MULTI-ACTION HYDRATING TONER
• NATURAL RADIANT LONGWEAR FOUNDATION (at Sephora)
• OIL-INFUSED LIP TINT (at Sephora)
• OPTIMAL BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE
• POWERMATTE LIP PIGMENT
• PRECISION LIP LINER (at Sephora)
• PURIFYING FOAM CLEANSER
• RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER (at Sephora)
• SATIN LIP PENCIL (at Sephora)
• SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION (at Sephora)
• SMUDGE PROOF EYESHADOW BASE (at Sephora)
• THE MULTIPLE (at Sephora)
• TINTED GLOW BOOSTER (at Sephora)
• TINTED SMUDGE PROOF EYESHADOW BASE (at Sephora)
• VELVET GLOSS LIP PENCIL
• VELVET LIP GLIDE (at Sephora)
• VELVET LIP LINER
• VELVET MATTE LIP PENCIL (at Sephora)
• VELVET SHADOW STICK
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• AFTERGLOW LIP BALM (at Sephora): Licorice Root
• CONCEALER: Licorice Root
• GENTLE OIL-FREE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• MONOI BODY GLOW (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• PORE & SHINE CONTROL PRIMER (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• PURE RADIANT TINTED MOISTURIZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• RADIANCE PRIMER SPF 35 (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen, Licorice Root, Salicylate
• RESTORATIVE NIGHT TREATMENT: Salicylate
• SMOOTH & PROTECT PRIMER SPF 50: Chemical Sunscreen
• VELVET MATTE SKIN TINT BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30: Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.