Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Pregnancy Safe Skincare from MoroccanOil as of 4/25/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about MoroccanOil on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Conditioners, masks and other hair shaft treatments are only on your hair, so I do not screen those products (and please don’t ask me to do so). Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet.
Pregnancy Safe Products from MoroccanOil
• Body Buff: Fragrance Originale, Fleur d’Oranger, Fleur de Rose
• Body Butter: Fragrance Originale (at Sephora), Fleur d’Oranger (at Sephora), Fleur de Rose
• Body Polishing Scrub (at Sephora)
• Body Soufflé: Fragrance Originale (at Sephora), Fleur d’Oranger (at Sephora), Fleur de Rose (at Sephora)
• Clarifying Shampoo
• Curl Cleansing Conditioner
• Dry Body Oil (at Sephora)
• Dry Shampoo Dark Tones (at Sephora)
• Dry Shampoo Light Tones (at Sephora)
• Hand Cream: Fragrance Originale (at Sephora), Fleur de Rose
• Intense Hydrating Treatment (at Sephora)
• Moisture & Shine Shampoo: Fragrance Originale (at Sephora), Fleur d’Oranger (at Sephora), Fleur de Rose
• Moisture Repair Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Moroccanoil Treatment (at Sephora)
• Night Body Serum (at Sephora)
• Oily Scalp Treatment (at Sephora)
• Pure Argan Oil (at Sephora)
• Shimmering Body Oil (at Sephora)
• Shower Gel (at Sephora)
• Smoothing Shampoo (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.