Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Nip + Fab as of 2/4/2021. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please refer to my post on pregnancy safe makeup, where I explain why you don’t need to worry about your mascara, powders, eyeliners, brow products, etc. I do not review these products.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet. Conditioner and treatment masques don’t usually touch your scalp, though I have screened a few masques that people sometimes apply up to their roots. If you apply any of these further from the scalp, they’re all safe (even if I screened them as not safe).
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Nip + Fab on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Nip + Fab
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum Extreme: Salicylate
• Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Sheet Mask Extreme: Licorice Root
• Glycolic Cleansing Fix: Glycolic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Concentrate Extreme 10%: Glycolic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads: Glycolic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Sheet Mask: Glycolic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Liquid Glow Daily 2%: Glycolic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Liquid Glow Extreme: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Night Pads Extreme: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Mandelic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Scrub: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Glycolic Fix Scrub Extreme: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Mandelic + Charcoal Fix Cleanser: Mandelic Acid
• Mandelic + Charcoal Fix Cleansing Bar: Mandelic Acid
• Mandelic + Charcoal Fix Cleansing Pads: Mandelic Acid
• Mandelic + Charcoal Fix Mud Mask: Mandelic Acid
• Mandelic + Charcoal Fix Serum: Mandelic Acid
• Mandelic + Charcoal Fix Tonic: Mandelic Acid
• Post-Glycolic Fix Moisturiser SPF30: Chemical Sunscreens
• Retinol Fix Restorative Day Cream: Salicylate
• Salicylic Acid Clay Mask: Salicylic Acid, Licorice Root
• Salicylic Fix Blemish Lotion: Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark
• Salicylic Fix Concentrate Extreme 2%: Salicylic Acid
• Salicylic Fix Day Pads: Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• Salicylic Fix Gel Cleanser: Salicylic Acid
• Salicylic Fix Moisturiser: Salicylic Acid
• Salicylic Fix Night Pads: Salicylic Acid
• Salicylic Fix Serum Extreme 2%: Salicylic Acid
• Salicylic Fix Sheet Mask: Salicylic Acid, Licorice Root
• Salicylic Acid Spot Patches: Salicylic Acid
• Salicylic Fix Tonic: Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• Salicylic Fix Tonic Extreme 2%: Salicylic Acid
• Teen Skin Fix Breakout Rescue Pads: Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• Teen Skin Fix Pore Blaster Wash Day: Salicylate
• Teen Skin Fix Pore Blaster Wash Night: Salicylic Acid
• Teen Skin Fix Spot Zap: Salicylic Acid, Salicylate
• Teen Skin Fix Zero Shine Moisturiser: Salicylate
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
• Glycolic Fix Bubble Sheet Mask Extreme: Glycolic Acid, Retinoid
• Retinol Fix Booster Extreme: Retinoid, Salicylate
• Retinol Fix Eye Treatment: Retinoid
• Retinol Fix Overnight Cream: Retinoid, Salicylate
• Retinol Fix Serum Extreme: Retinoid, Salicylate
• Retinol Fix Sheet Mask: Retinoid, Licorice Root
• Retinol Fix Tonic Extreme: Retinoid, Salicylate