Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Kristin Ess as of 4/4/2021. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet. Conditioner and treatment masques don’t usually touch your scalp, though I have screened a few masques that people sometimes apply up to their roots. If you apply any of these further from the scalp, they’re all safe (even if I screened them as not safe).
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about Kristin Ess on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy and Nursing Safe Products from Kristin Ess
• Anytime Anywhere Recovery Balm (at Target)
• Daily Cleansing Shampoo (at Target)
• Deep Clean Clarifying Shampoo (at Target)
• Deep Treatment Mask (at Target)
• Dry Shampoo Powder (at Target)
• Extra Gentle Shampoo (at Target)
• Instant Exfoliating Scalp Scrub (at Target)
• Instant Lift Thickening Spray (at Target)
• Instant Lift Volumizing Mousse (at Target)
• Moisture Rich Curl Shampoo (at Target)
• Purple Shampoo (at Target)
• Rose Gold Temporary Tint (at Target)
• Scalp + Hair Milk Oil
• Scalp Purifying Micellar Shampoo (at Target)
• Signature Hair Water (at Target)
• Signature Shampoo (at Target)
• Soft Shine Beach Wave Spray (at Target)
• Strand Strengthening Reconstructive Moisture Mask (at Target)
• Style Assist Blow Dry Mist (at Target)
• Style Defining Shine Pomade + Edge Control (at Target)
• Ultra Hydrating Curl Co-Wash (at Target)
• Ultra Hydrating Curl Repair Mask
• Weightless Hydration Daily Scalp + Hair Mask (at Target)
• Weightless Shine Leave-In Conditioner
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Scalp Detoxifying Bubble Mask: Salicylic Acid
• Sea Salt Air Dry Mousse (at Target): Chemical Sunscreen
• Sea Salt Air Dry Spray: Chemical Sunscreen
• Style Reviving Dry Conditioner (at Target): Chemical Sunscreen
• Style Reviving Brunette Dry Shampoo (at Target): Chemical Sunscreen
• Style Reviving Dry Shampoo (at Target): Chemical Sunscreen
• Weightless Shine Air Dry Crème (at Target): Chemical Sunscreen