Pregnancy safe beauty products can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from Bumble and Bumble as of 5/24/2020. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
Please note, it can take up to an hour to review the ingredient lists of each product. I review with my own list of pregnancy safe criteria. I obtain my ingredient lists from the brands and major retailers (typically Nordstrom and Sephora), and I review the US versions. Please do not ask me to re-review the same products over and over, I do not have the time to do so, and many people have been rude about this. For more brands, please head over to the list of pregnancy safe products.
Which hair products do you need to worry about?
Technically, none. Most OBs will tell you not to worry about any hair products. Your hair is a dead protein, and it can not absorb anything. It’s amazing how pregnancy brain can take over and we forget that simple fact!
Personally, I screened products that would sit on my scalp for a few minutes (aka- shampoos, scrubs, etc). My thought process was that those products would be similar to a face wash, even if washed off right away it sits there for a bit. So, on this list you’ll find products that sit on your scalp. This is shampoo, scalp treatments and root styling products. Other styling products should just be on the hair shaft, and if you’re worried about sprays being inhaled, I recommend holding your breath while you spray and then step away a few feet.
Pregnancy Safe Products from Bumble and Bumble
• Blondish Hair Powder (at Sephora)
• Brownish Hair Powder (at Sephora)
• Color Minded Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Creme de Coco Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Gentle Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Mending Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Prêt-à-Powder Dry Shampoo Powder (at Sephora)
• Quenching Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Seaweed Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Sunday Clarifying Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Surf Foam Wash Shampoo (at Sephora)
• Thickening Volume Shampoo (at Sephora)
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• Bb. Pret-a-Powder Tres Invisible Dry Shampoo with French Pink Clay (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• Bb. Pret-a-Powder Tres Invisible Nourishing Dry Shampoo with Hibiscus Extract (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
• Bb. Scalp Detox (at Sephora): Salicylic Acid
• Curl Shampoo: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Full Potential Hair Preserving Shampoo (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Pret-a-Powder Post Workout Dry Shampoo Mist (at Sephora): Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing