Pregnancy safe skincare can be super difficult and confusing. I have an entire guide devoted to what products are safe to use while pregnant including information on what ingredients to avoid while pregnant and a huge list of pregnancy safe skincare products. The list has gotten so large that I’ve decided to start listing brands in their own individual posts.
Here you’ll find pregnancy safe products from A’Pieu as of 8/22/2019. If it is not safe, I’ll tell you why. All of the products meet my pregnancy safe criteria. If they release a new product that is not listed here, please comment below and I will add it. Note I will link to every product directly to avoid confusion. You’ll know exactly which product I mean.
I have linked these products first to YesStyle, as they have the best selection. I’ve also added links to SokoGlam as I know a lot of my readers like to shop there as well. Note I have linked to the products that I can locate full ingredient lists for. I am unable to comment on product safety without a full ingredient list.
How to Request a Product Review
I try to review all of the products that I can when I publish a list. Note, I am in the US and I only have access to US products. Please don’t be rude if I skipped your favorite cleanser, when items are out of stock sometimes they aren’t on the brand’s site, or maybe you are in Asia and I am in the US.
I reserve the comments on each post for reviews of product from that brand, this makes it easier for others to find products later. Please only ask about A’Pieu on this post, I will delete other product questions. You can find other brands here. If your brand is not included, please ask on the brand list post.
Pregnancy Safe Products from A’Pieu
• 18 First Toner
• All Day Lasting Shadow Stick
• Baby Tone-Up Pink Pads
• Calamine Clay Pack
• Color Lip Pencil Matt
• Color Lip Stain Matte Fluid
• Color Lip Stain Gel Tint
• Color Lip Stain Velvet Tint
• Creamy Butter Shadow
• Daily Sheet Mask – Green Tea, Black Tea (at SokoGlam)
• Deo Armpit Brightener
• Eye Mousse
• Gel-like Lip
• Honey & Milk Lip Oil
• Hyaluthione Soonsoo Daily Sheet Mask (at SokoGlam)
• Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask
• Juicy-Pang Water Blusher
• Madecassoside Cica Gel
• Madecassoside Cream (at SokoGlam)
• Madecassoside Hand Cream
• Madecassoside Sun Cream SPF39 PA++
• Milk One Pack
• Milky U Serum
• Moist Creamy Concealer SPF30 PA++
• Moss Moisture Cream Balancing
• Multi Correcting Concealer
• Pure Block Mild Plus Sun Cream SPF32 PA++
• Real Big Yogurt One-Bottle
• Start Up Pore Primer
• Steam Eye Mask (at SokoGlam)
• Sticky Sweet Rice Cake Pack
• True Melting Lipstick
• Water Light Tint
• Wonder Tension Pact Madecassoside SPF30+ PA++ : Note, the listed ingredients I found didn’t have a chemical sunscreen, but that really surprised me. Please let me know if you buy this and what the ingredients are for sure!
• Wonder Tension Pact Perfect Cover SPF40 PA+++
Not Safe for Pregnancy, Ok for Nursing
• BB Maker (Long Wear) SPF35 PA++: Chemical Sunscreen
• Enzyme Powder Wash: Willow Bark (Salicylate), Licorice Root
• Fruit Vinegar Sheet Mask (Lemon): Glycolic Acid
• Glycolic Acid Cream (at SokoGlam): Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Glycolic Acid Peeling Booster: Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid
• Good Night Water Sleeping Mask: Chemical Sunscreen
• Marker Pen Tint: Salicylic Acid
• Milkening Hand Cream SPF15: Chemical Sunscreen, Gluconolactone
• My Skin-Fit Sheet Mask (Sea Buckthorn) (at SokoGlam): Licorice Root
• Nonco Mastic After Spot Remover: Neem
• Power Block Tone Up Sun Base SPF50+ PA++++: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Pure Block Natural Daily Sun Cream SPF45 PA+++: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Power Block Tone Up Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• So Cool Leg Relaxing Patch (at SokoGlam): Tartaric Acid
• Soo Boo Ji Sun Cotton SPF50+ PA++++: Chemical Sunscreen, Salicylate
• Triple Wear Foundation SPF20 PA++: Chemical Sunscreen
• Wonder Tension Pact Corrector SPF30 PA++: Chemical Sunscreen
Not Safe for Pregnancy or Nursing
Note I’m including products with retinoids here, as those are a bit iffy. It depends on how conservative you want to be while nursing (still absolutely contraindicated while pregnant). Refer to my post on ingredients to avoid while nursing for more discussion.
There isn’t info out there on the safety of Cannabis used topically during pregnancy or nursing. We do know smoking marijuana with THC has bad effects and should be avoided, though it hasn’t been fully decided if it is just the THC or something else as well.
Note that in theory Hemp and CBD do not have THC in them, it’s breed out of the plant is the official status. However, depending upon how it was processed many CBD oils will test positive for THC. But there are still the unknowns we haven’t decided about. I would not recommend using Hemp or Cannabis products while nursing or pregnant for that reason.