Have you noticed that the “natural beauty” section at your local big box store is slowly (or not so slowly) expanding? What you could once only find at Whole Foods (which, by the way, has a pretty amazing beauty area) is now available at Target, Walmart and CVS. But, which products are worth picking up?
I’ve only just started to explore those beauty areas, but so far I have found some great products! Here are some of my favorites for summer.
1. Jason Gentle Basics Facial Cleanser (from Amazon) This is a great, basic cleanser. It is very gentle, takes off pretty much everything and doesn’t overstrip my face of natural oils. This is extra important after being out in the sun, my skin just doesn’t need another source of irritation!
2. Jason Gentle Basics Day Lotion (get it from Amazon) This is a lightweight, very basic and non-irritating lotion for under makeup. Note, you do still need to add a sunscreen over this. This is one that I’ll be recommending year round.
3. Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream (from Amazon) My skin needs a little extra pampering if I’ve been outside a lot. This cream from Weleda is nicely hydrating without being “too much”, and it helps sooth any irritation I might have.
5. Avalon Organics Cream Shave, Nourishing Lavender (from Amazon) Again, it smells great! I don’t have to shave often (once a week or so, I did laser hair removal), but this shaving cream definitely helps me have a closer shave and it doesn’t irritate my skin.
6. Weleda Oat Replenishing Treatment (from Amazon) Being out in the sun and swimming can really dry out your hair, this deep treatment helps to reverse the effects. Use it once or twice a week as your hair needs it.
7. Waxelene (from Amazon) A great alternative to a well known petroleum jelly, this can be used as a lip balm, moisturizer, or anything you want. It’s also gluten free, which is great news if you have celiac!
8. Jason Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 (at Amazon) I’m a fan of physical sunscreens with full UV spectrum coverage. This one does just that, keeping you protected but it doesn’t feel too heavy on your skin. Don’t forget to reapply every 2 hours or after swimming.