1. While in the chair, ask for volume: Let’s face it, the bigger the hair, the better! Don’t be shy to ask for additional volume, it will be worth it by day three when your blowdry is still flawless!
2. Avoid tight hair ties: Don’t put your hair up in a ponytail with a tight band because it will cause a crease in your hair. If you must put your hair up, use a large clip and clasp it on top of your head, or a soft tie.
3. Avoid moisture: Humidity and water can be the ultimate destroyers for blowouts. When you shower, be sure to use a shower cap to keep the moisture away.
4. Dry shampoo = best friend: Don’t be afraid to apply a generous amount! My favorite product is Powder Bluff by Kerastase – try it! This spray helps absorb oil for long-lasting blowdrys. It’s an instant style refresher and smells amazing!
5. Don’t touch your hair: We know how fabulous a blowdry feels once complete, however, let the stunning style set and don’t mess with it! Touching it too much will accumulate oil and can make your blowdry fall flat.