Today for Top 10 Beauty, my blogging friends and I are sharing our favorite luxury beauty splurges!
In the past I’ve been more of a bargain beauty girl, but I have to admit that in the last year or so I’ve been slowly collecting more luxury products. And repurchasing them. Which is pretty amazing for me, I’m one of those girls that usually has to try something new just for the sake of having something new! Instead, I’m sticking with the same thing, which is unusual.
Here’s a look at my favorites. If you’re going to splurge, I think you can’t go wrong with these picks!
1. Kérastase Réflection Bain Chroma Riche and Masque Chroma Riche Yes, this is a very expensive duo! Though if you sign up for their emails there are sometimes sales (there was a great 20% off sale recently) and they are generous with samples/travel size promos. I spend a lot of time and money to get my hair colored, so I want it to look as good as possible. I love the Kérastase products, they’re gentle and keep my hair looking great for longer than other color safe shampoo and conditioner duos. There are 2 versions, one for hydration and one for shine, I always go for the dry hair version.
2. T3 PROi Professional Hair Dryer Yes, this is a crazy expensive blow dryer. It was in and out of my cart more times than I can count during the Sephora Friends and Family sale this fall. Then T3 sent me one to review. And the only thing is that I regret not just buying it for myself 6 weeks earlier. This dryer is worth it. For real. There will be a full review coming up, but it is quieter than any other dryer that I’ve used, rough drying my hair (and I have enough for 4 people on my head, and it is down to my bra strap) now takes me 5 minutes! That’s it! It’s a huge time saver. Watch for a full post on this dryer and the features soon.
3. Oribe Imperial Blowout Transformative Styling Crème We all want to be able to give ourselves a big, voluminous Victoria’s Secret style blow out. I’ve done pretty well in the past, but I always need multiple products to get the results that I want. This creme is expensive, but it takes the place of a mousse, root spray, smoothing serum… you get the idea. This one product makes getting a big, voluminous blow out is much easier with just the one product.
4. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser Dark Circle Concealer On Friday I went to the mall with a few friends, and it was glorious. A day spent with adults, looking at clothes and makeup, and no kids! We spent almost 2 hours at Neiman Marcus, getting our makeup done by the makeup artists at Giorgio Armani (hi to Terri!). And I finally tried the Luminous Silk. I ended up buying the foundation, the concealer, undereye corrector, and powder. After I used the products myself at home I ordered the luminizer as well. They are so worth it! Expect a full review soon!
5. Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets BB Cream Skintone Perfector On days that I don’t want to spend the time applying full foundation, I usually just pat on a bit of a BB cream. This is currently my BB Cream favorite, it has light to medium coverage and is a great match for my skin. I’m on my third tube.
7. Chanel Rouge Allure Colour & Shine Lip Gloss in Sensible (light pink) and Supreme (hot pink) Lippies are great to splurge on, especially since they’re a (somewhat) affordable way to get into a brand, and you’ll feel like you’ve really spoiled yourself every time you reapply. This lip gloss from Chanel is a bit thicker and is very pigmented. The Supreme is really more of a lipstick coverage. I think the best part of this lippie really is the packaging. The wand fits into the metal tube, and it clicks in and out. It’s a very satisfying, very expensive click. But I love it.
9. Eve Lom Rescue Mask Is it a moisturizing mask? Is it a clay mask? It’s all sorts of amazing. And you can often find it on sale from sample sale sites (I buy it from RueLaLa sometimes), and it seriously solves all of your skin’s issues with just a light layer.
10. Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk This is my latest amazing lippie splurge. I finally have one, and it really does feel more hydrating that other lipsticks and lasts for pretty much an entire morning. I strongly recommend going to a counter to try on colors. I went and told the sales associate at Neimans that I wanted the perfect nude that was just a bit darker, with a touch of pink. She kept recommending a color that matched my skin (and made me look ill). She was right, it was nude. And it was not worth the money. While she went to help someone else, I found this shade. I want to wear it every day!