In the last year or so a lot of new hair styling products specifically geared toward air drying your hair have been released, and let me tell you that they have revolutionized my hair routine. Today I’m sharing my favorite products for air drying your hair.
I have a lot of hair on my head, and it is very fine. It can take about 10-12 hours to dry fully when left alone, so until pretty recently I just didn’t even consider air drying my hair to be an option for me. Who wants a cold and wet head for an entire day? And forget about going to bed with wet hair, I would wake up with a damp head of crazy bed head hair.
With the new air drying hair products, I can air dry my hair in about 4 hours, and it actually looks decent! It is a huge time saver to shower at night and wake up with only minimal hair styling needed.
1. Darshana Hair Oil: I love this oil! It’s a treatment you apply before you hop in the shower, and I promise you that even if you leave it on overnight your hair will not be greasy or weighed down. You can read more in my Darshana review.
3. Kerastase Spray à Porter: I love to add a bit of texture to my hair when I’m air drying it, it makes the beachy waves much more pronounced and longer lasting. This version also has a bit of hold.
4. Redken No Blow Dry Bossy Cream: There are a lot of air drying creams out there, and I’ve tried almost all of them. This is the best one. Hands down. Mic drop. And you only want the Bossy Cream version, which has the most hold, but still isn’t a lot of hold.
5. Pureology Hydrate Air Dry Cream: This air drying cream is my second choice after the Redken, not it doesn’t offer hold. But it does help my hair to dry faster, minimizes frizz and if my hair is dry then this one is a bit better for adding hydration to my hair.
6. Invisibobble: If you need to put your hair up before it is completely dry, you should only use one of these holders. Every other pony tail hold will leave a ridge and can stress your hair, leading to breakage.