It probably comes as no surprise that my most requested post lately is a list of the best night creams. I’ve written a lot about anti-aging skincare, and while I’m not a dermatologist, as a pediatrician I understand quite a bit of the medical literature about active ingredients and best practices. I’m all about having some actual evidence that an active ingredient will help your skin.
So, what are the best night creams out there? I usually look for a thicker cream that can really hydrate my skin overnight. I want gentle anti-aging ingredients that are fine to use every night with my sensitive skin, primarily peptides and antioxidants.
1. The Skin Saint Defy Antioxidant Resiliency Creme: I just started using this cream and I’m already loving it! This cream has antioxidants and peptides, and is full of moisturizers.
2. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (also available in Whip, review here): This is my go-to introduction to antiaging skincare night cream recommendation. It has peptides, antioxidants and even niacinamide, is gentle and hydrating. It’s got a great price point too. Read my full Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream review here.
3. RoC Retinol Correxion Max Daily Hydration Anti-Aging Crème: I usually recommend keeping your retinoid in a separate product from your night cream, since retinol can be irritating I tend to use it every 2-3 nights as my skin tolerates. This new cream from RoC includes great hydrators, Vitamin C as an antioxidant and a very gentle retinoid. Even I can use it every night!
4. Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream: This cream is full of moisture and features Jasmonic Acid to help fight aging. See full review here.
5. Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Balm: I reserve this thick cream for when I’m on call in the hospital and my skin needs some extra TLC. It has peptides, antioxidants and a huge punch of soothing and super hydrating ingredients.
6. Kate Somerville Age Arrest Anti-Wrinkle Cream: This cream from Kate Somerville is also full of peptides and antioxidants and my skin loves it and the matching eye cream!
Check out more anti-aging skincare information and reviews in my guide!