I’m not sure how this happened, but over the last few years or so… I’ve become obsessed with one of the most expensive hair care brands out there. It started when I bought some shampoo and conditioner on Rue La La a few years ago. I noticed that with the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was easier to style. I actually got comments on Facebook pictures about my hair being shiny (completely ignoring the new baby in those pics), must have been some good hair! I had a tub of hair masque that I’d break out when really necessary. That little tub was babied for years, and it always gave me a week of good hair days. When I ran out, I was sad. I bought other salon brand products and they were good, and I enjoyed them. But there was always a bit of regret. They weren’t Kerastase.
Suddenly, Kerastase started showing up on my doorstep (gasp!) I have no idea how that happened, but I had styling products! Mousse! Hair Spray! And best of all… a sea salt spray. The only one that has ever really worked well for my hair. When Kerastase started showing up semi-regularly on Rue La La, I started buying big bottles of shampoo and more masque. I repurchased products. I started stocking up in case I ran out. And I found myself saying no to testing other products. Now I stock up at my salon when there’s a sale. I buy customized Fusio Dose boxes from my stylist. I even buy back up shampoo and conditioner duos when Sephora has their VIB weekends.
So, my name is Christine… and I am a Kerastase addict. And these are my favorites!
1-3. Resistance Length Strengthening Shampoo, Resistance Length Strengthening Conditioner and Resistance Mask for Damaged Hair: I’ve written about my obsession with the Resistance line, but if your hair is damaged, breaking, color treated, or you even just like to use your curling iron a bit too much, you need these products! I stock up on the shampoo/conditioner and masque (I swap out my conditioner for the masque about once a week) whenever they’re on sale. My hair is much healthier with this trio, I can’t imagine using anything else right now.
4. Fusio Dose Homelab: You can’t purchase this online, sorry! You can read my full Fusio Dose Homelab review, but essentially this is the take home version of the Fusio Dose lab in your local Kerastase
5. Elixir Ultime Oil Serum: Everyone has their favorite hair oil, and this is currently mine. I use it on my hair when it is wet, when it is dry… it adds shine, calms frizz and when I add it to the ends of my hair it just looks much better.
6. Aura Botanica Blow-Dry Milk: I love to add a bit of this lightweight lotion to my wet hair before I blow dry. It is super light weight and just smooths out my hair and makes it behave.
7. Discipline Anti Frizz Smoothing Spray: Very similar to the Aura Botanica Blow-Dry Milk, this is a spray and I think does a bit more smoothing. I chose between the two based on whether I want a spray or the light lotion, and if there’s a lot of humidity then I’ll go for this over the Aura Botanica.
8. VIP Texturing Hair Spray: If you want to add volume to your hair, this is the best product! It’s like back combing in a can. Spray a bit at your roots, hold your hair up until it dries (about 10 seconds) and it adds instant, all day volume.
9. Laque Dentelle Flexible Hold Hair Spray: This is my go-to hair spray for waves and curls. I have other flexible hold hair spray options that I like, but this is my favorite.
Product Sent for Review, I Bought It Myself, Affiliate Links