The basis of pretty much every skin care routine should be a good facial cleanser. I mention gentle cleansers all the time, and there are cleansers that I mention over and over as good options. They come at multiple price points and all work for pretty much any skin type.
1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser: This is the most recommended cleanser by dermatologists. It won’t remove your eye makeup so you’ll need a separate remover, but it removes pretty much every thing else.
2. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser: If your skin is slightly on the drier side, this cleanser is a good alternative to the Cetaphil as it is a little more hydrating.
3. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: Feels like and fresh. I think it smells a bit like a cucumber.
4. Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser: This cleanser is my current favorite choice for travel. It has a blend of oils to soothe the skin, but they also remove makeup easily and completely. Of the options on this list it is the one that comes closest to removing all of my waterproof eye makeup. It can’t quite get the eyeliner, but it does a great job of removing mascara.
5. Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash: I’m a sucker for pretty much everything made by Kate Somerville, and this face wash is perfect. It removes all of my eye makeup, but not the waterproof versions.
6. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser: A more luxe version of the Cetaphil basically. Super gentle, great option for everyone.
7. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup 3-in-1 Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm (see my review here): This jelly melts into an amazing oily wash that removes every last bit of makeup, moisturizes your face and won’t leave behind a residue.