Just last week I shared my favorite long lasting red lippies, and while there were some drugstore products in that list, there were also some big splurges! (What else would you call a Chanel? That’s definitely a big splurge!)
Today for Makeup Wars we’re sharing our favorite drugstore lippies. I thought that rather than sharing specific shades, I would share the formulations that I like the most. If I need a certain color or shade, these are the product lines that I look at first because I know they just work. Note that I’m not going to included tinted balms in this list, rather I’m going for products that are well pigmented.
1. L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain and 2. Extraordinaire by Colour Riche These are pretty similar I think. They’re both rich, glossy lip stains. They apply like a gloss, feel hydrating, and are well pigmented. I think the Wet Shine Stain is a bit less pigmented but more staining, but otherwise they are pretty similar! My favorites are Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After (which I’ve repurchased probably 4 times) and Extraordinaire in Fuchsia Orchestra. Get Wet Shine Stain from Amazon Buy Extraordinaire at ULTA or Amazon
3. NYX Butter Lipstick Well pigmented but just as hydrating as a lip balm, these are my favorite of the NYX lippies (and NYX makes great lippies!). I’m currently coveting Sweet Shock, the perfect bright pink. Buy it from NYX or ULTA
4. Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon My favorite is Napa Valley, a dark red that has enough of a blue base (and a lot less orange) so that even I can wear a brick red! These crayons are semi-matte and well pigmented. LOVE THEM ALL. Get it at ULTA or Amazon
5. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour While I really like many of the regular colors in this product line, it’s the limited editions that are my favorites! L’Oreal frequently releases collections such as the perfect red or nude, all inspired by their spokesmodels. Pictured is my favorite of their recent red collection, Blake’s Red, and my favorite nude, Doutzen’s Nude. Buy it from Target or ULTA
6. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche La Lacque Lip Pen This super pigmented lip crayon comes in both a shiny and semi-matte finish, but I much prefer the shiny. Something about the matte makes my lips look smaller. It’s very pigmented and easy to apply! My favorite is the red, Lacquerized. Buy it at ULTA or Amazon
7. e.l.f. Matte Lip Color This is very similar to the L’Oreal Colour Riche La Matte Lip Pens, though I do think they don’t apply quite as smoothly and doesn’t last quite as long. My favorite is Natural. Buy it at ELF.
8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream This feels like a melted lipstick to me. Pretty thick and creamy, this really is a matte finish and super pigmented. The light pink of Tokyo has been a go-to color for me for years. Get it at ULTA
9. Burt’s Bees Lipstick This formulation is new, and I have every color (I have an upcoming post in cooperation with Burt’s Bees on them), and they really are amazing. Very creamy and hydrating, they have great color too. I think my favorite is Iced Iris, which is just pink and neutral enough to be a great light shade on me. Buy it from ULTA or Amazon
10. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor There are quite a few brands that have similar 2 step products. First you apply the long wearing color, then you can reapply the clear top coat as often as you want throughout the day. I’ve only found 2 of those products that will not flake off of my lips within an hour or so, and the other one is Chanel. This one lasts me most of a work day, and it comes in a ton of shades. My favorites are Lilac Infinite and Red Infallible. Buy it on Amazon or ULTA
Shop the Post