My face oils hanging out on the counter this weekend. Yes, that's a lot of hair product in the background. I might have issues.
Today for Makeup Wars we're sharing our favorite face oils! I admit that a few years ago, the idea of putting oil on my face was completely crazy to me. Why would I do that on purpose? But, I've definitely come around, I use them almost daily, and I can't imagine how I got through winter (or a plane ride) without a hydrating face oil!
I currently have 3 different face oils, which I use at different times. In the past there were a few others that I liked as well, and they're at a slightly lower price point. I'll discuss them at the end!
1. In the AM, Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate (from Kiehl's, or Nordstrom, full post here): This is the oil I use the least often. It is a lightweight oil that has a lot of antioxidants to help your skin fight off potential sources of free radicals, such as sun exposure and pollution. It also adds a nice hydrating punch, but if you give it a few minutes to sink in you can still wear makeup over it! I don't use it often because I use my Midnight Recovery so often, using both together is just too much moisture for my combination skin. But, if I've forgotten to use Midnight Recovery or I need a mid-day perking up, this is the oil I reach for.
2. In the PM, Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (from Kiehl's, or Nordstrom): This is the oil I use the most often, and I go through about 2.5-3 ounces every winter. I've written about this face oil too many times to count! It is lightweight, sinks into my skin very quickly, and can add a lot of moisture to my skin when it desperately needs it!
I pay a lot of attention to how my skin feels at the end of the day, and if it is feeling dry at all (which definitely happens in the winter or when I've been traveling), then I'll add 2-3 drops of Midnight Recovery at the end of my skin care routine. I wake up with my skin much glowier and more hydrated!
I go through so much of Midnight Recovery because I don't only use it on my face, it also goes on my hands, neck, chest... you get the idea.
3. Heavier Duty, Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil (from Bobbi Brown, or Nordstrom): In the past, I've packed a deluxe sample of Midnight Recovery every time I travel. But, now that it's been on so many trips, my little bottle suddenly fell apart recently. I took this as a sign that it was time to try something else.
I did a little looking around, and opted for Bobbi Brown's Face Oil. It comes in three different sizes, this is the 10 mL travel size, there's also a 6mL Rollerball (which would be great for in your purse, but I don't want a rollerball for travel) or a full 30 mL (which comes in a cute little bottle, but I can't tell on-line how you get the product out, is there a dropper? Do you just put in your fingers?)
Bobbi's oil is a bit heavier than Midnight Recovery (it is olive oil based), but it does sink in to my skin pretty well. I think it is best for night time, even with just a few drops it is too much for under makeup. But, this is some serious moisture, I think more than Midnight Recovery. Similar to Midnight Recovery, only a few drops are needed. In the morning I wake up glowy!
• L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal Facial Oil (at ULTA, or Amazon): This one is very similar to the Midnight Recovery, not surprising as Kiehl's is owned by L'Oreal. It's a great lower priced option if you want to try that one.
• Derma e Hydrating Facial Treatment Oil (at Amazon): This is a bit heavier and more hydrating than the L'Oreal. I've bought it in person at ULTA, but it isn't on their website.
I Bought It, Product Sent for Review, Affiliate Links
Kiehl's has sent both of these face oils for consideration in the past, though I've probably purchased gallons of them on my own. I bought the Bobbi Brown on my own.