When Nordstrom opened up their Anniversary Sale to Early Access last week, I immediately ordered the 3 palettes I was most interested in, 2 from MAC and 1 from Bobbi Brown. I'll be reviewing all of them this week, and I have to say that you really can not go wrong with any of the three palettes. They are all good.
First up is the one I was most interested in based upon pictures on the Nordstrom website, the M·A·C Look in a Box in Style Maven Face Kit.
I think what was most interesting about this palette is how different the products are swatched from in the palette. Things that look pinker in the palette, are more peachy-tan. Purples become darker. I do still like the colors, but it wasn't exactly what I expected.
1. Girls Do Blush, mauve plum
2. Shy One, midtone tan
3. Vivacious Vacuum Cleaner Bag, deep navy
4. Performance Art, sterling silver
5. Malt, soft pinkish beige
6. Shadowy Lady, blackened plum
7. Nearing Dark, purple plum
8. Sweet Allure, light pearl beige
9. Naked Dream, midtone pinky nude
10. Girl About Town, bright blue fuchsia
Watch for a post with looks soon!
M·A·C Look in a Box in Style Maven Face Kit ($113 Value) $49.50
I Bought It Affiliate Link