This summer I'm reaching for pretty, more natural colors than I usually use in the summer. Maybe it is because we haven't had many days that are really warm yet. I'm mostly in jeans still, not in skirts and shorts. I've barely worn my flip flops (though my toes are summer ready!), and I just want a pretty, natural look that is me, only a bit prettier and better rested. Especially that better rested part!
Here are the top 9 color items that I'm reaching for right now (I admit that I only came up with 9!), whether it's my blush, a lippie or even my polishes. What have you been using?
1. Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush in Rosewater (from Stila): I've really been obsessing over this new blush from Stila! I'm using Rosewater, which is a very pretty soft pink color. It creates a very pretty glow and I'm using it pretty much every day. Check out my full review of Stila Watercolor blush.
2. Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette (from Too Faced or Sephora): I've been wanting light, natural and nude but not boring eye looks. So, I've been reaching for one of my oldie but goodie looks, which is with Too Faced's Boudoir Eyes palette. You can see my swatches and a look at my favorite eye look here.
3. Chanel Rouge Allure Colour & Shine Lip Gloss in 17 SUPREME (from Nordstrom or Chanel): I splurged on this gloss in my Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale order last week, and I'm already plotting my next pick! It's thicker and more pigmented than a normal gloss, but isn't quite a liquid lipstick. It somehow is very bright color without making my lips look thinner. I think next I'll buy 15 Sensible, which is a lighter pink to wear every day.
4. Dior Addict Lip Glow in Pink (from Sephora or Nordstrom): This balm has been living in my pocket, I've been using it constantly for the last few weeks when I want a pretty flush. It automatically changes itself to the perfect pretty pink color.
5. Morgan Taylor Nail Polish in Sitting Pretty (from Amazon): This is a brand that I've only mentioned a few times, but I should more often! The polish applies like a well pigmented dream. Not at all streaky, the colors are beautiful, and they last for days without any chips. Sitting Pretty is my perfect bright pink for a pedicure color! It's on my toes now.
6. Morgan Taylor Nail Polish in Sweet Surrender (at Amazon): While my toes are bright and colorful, my fingers have been soft and subtle. I've been alternating between this soft pink and the purple-grey of the Dermelect.
7. Dermelect Nail Polish in Dune My Thing (at Dermelect): This is pretty similar to Chanel Particuliere, but slightly more purple.
8. Too Faced Snow Bunny Luminous Bronzer (from Too Faced or Sephora): I'm not usually a big bronzer girl. I'm so pale that bronzer can easily look dirty on me. Too Faced's Milk Chocolate Bronzer works well on me, but I really like the added pink and a little bit of shimmer. This is perfect for using with a (very large) brush all over my face, and in particular on my cheeks, my nose and anywhere that the sun usually hits just to add a little glow.
9. Mary Kay At Play Shadow & Liner in Mint to Be (from Mary Kay): You can see my full Mary Kay at Play review, but I'm really impressed with the formula of their At Play shadow and liner. The dark green of the Mint to Be pencil is really pretty when added to an otherwise neutral eye!
Product Sent for Review Affiliate Links I Bought It