1. ‘Prep + Prime’ Skin Refined Zone Treatment: I talk about this light lotion a lot, but it really is a mattifying wonder! You can use it under foundation or over it (really!) and it will give you a semi-matte finish.
2. Face & Body Foundation: MAC has quite a few great foundations (Studio Fix Foundation and Matchmaster Foundation are also great), but this one really is a hidden gem! It is meant to be used pretty much anywhere on your body, so it is very lightweight and lasts all day. While the coverage is light to medium, you can easily build it up where you need to.
3. ‘Prep + Prime’ Fix+ Finishing Mist: Fix+ is amazing stuff! You can use it over your makeup as a setting spray, it will lock all of your makeup in place all day. It’s also great to wet down shadows to up their intensity or even use them as an eye liner that won’t budge. When used before your makeup, it helps smooth everything for perfect foundation application.
4. ‘Prep + Prime’ Transparent Finishing Powder: This loose powder is super lightweight and nearly invisible on your skin. It isn’t unique, Tarte, Make Up For Ever and even ELF all have similar powders.
5. ‘Pro Longwear’ Concealer: This lightweight concealer comes in 15 shades, is easy to blend and really will stick around all day long.
6. ‘Mineralize’ Skinfinish: This pressed/baked powder has a frosty finish and comes in different skin tones. It is great to use as a highlighter or a shimmery bronzer.
7. Paint Pot: The paint pots are interesting. They are creamy eye shadows that can apply with just the swipe of a finger. While a lot of the colors are very vibrant and pigmented, you can also choose a color similar to your skin tone to use as a shadow primer. Popular choices for that are Bare Study and Soft Ochre.
8. Eye Shadow: Ah, the MAC eye shadows. You can buy them in special quads and in or out of their pots. My favorites include Carbon (a true matte black that is great to use as a shadow), All That Glitters (a very pretty gold), Phloof is a great highlighter, Satin Taupe and Woodwinked are both neutrals that work for pretty much everyone.
9. Fluidline: A great gel eye liner, BlackTrack is one of those beauty must have shades! I also really love MacroViolet, a deep plum/purple color.
10. Strobe Cream: This is a lightweight priming lotion that adds radiance on days you feel less than stellar. A little goes a long way!
11. Lipstick: The best MAC lipsticks really should take up a whole series of posts. There are too many amazing shades to mention them all. There are great nude lippies (Creme D’Nude, Myth), reds (Lady Danger, Rebel, Ruby Woo) and bright pinks (the Candy Yum Yum shown here).
12. Eye Kohl: It’s a basic eye pencil, but the shade Teddy is a cult favorite for a reason. This deep chocolate shade is just a little red and it adds quite a bit of depth.
13. Lip Pencil: Sometimes you need a lip pencil to use with your lipstick. Spice is “the” lip pencil color most talked about. This is a universal shade that is nude, but mauve and works for almost everyone.