Back in April I sharedhow I apply liquid foundation, which works great for me, but was a bit too heavy for the summer. I lightened up my routine some over the summer, reviewed a few products, and mentioned some product mixing here and there…
I’m now using the same routine almost every day with great results and it is so different from what I was doing with my foundation that I think it is definitely time to share the update! You can find the products in this tutorial in my How to Fake That Glowcollection.
1. The Pond’s Luminous Finish BB Cream is the main reason that I’m not updating my routine for the fall/winter. I seriously love this stuff. This is a lightweight moisturizer, but with a little bit of light deflection, which is great for looking glowy and more awake. It has light coverage, almost up to a medium coverage. I apply roughly a centimeter line of the BB cream to my entire face right after I get out of the shower, just smearing it all over the place. I then go deal with my hair, which takes about 10 minutes or so. When I finish my hair, I won’t need to do anything more with the BB Cream.
2. The next step is concealer! I am currently mixing 3 products on the back of my hand. My ideal mix is usually about 2 parts concealer (this Amazing Cosmetics Concealer is one of my favorites), 1 part brightener (Smashbox Photo Op) and 1 part primer to smooth things out (Freeze 24/7 Freeze and Go). The Smashbox offers just enough light reflection to brighten up my eye area and make me look more awake without being glittery.
I mix everything up on the back of my hand, and my body heat helps to melt it all together. I pat this onto my under eye area. I apply in a triangle with the points being my inner and outer eye corners and my nose. So, it does extend out beyond the circle under my eye. Blending out like this seems to help make me look a lot more awake! Be sure to get the inner corner of your eye as well. I gently pat and product into this area without tugging or rubbing.
3. Now everything needs to be really blended. I am more than a bit obsessed with my Beauty Blender sponge! I use my sponge dry, though I know most people will get their sponge a bit damp before they use it. I dab the sponge over my concealer to blend it, concentrating on the outer edges to blend it in to my skin. I also pat the sponge on any areas that need a little more blending from the BB Cream, usually this is just the end of my nose.
4. Once I’ve blended everything, I apply my first layer of blush. Why? Because I’m a super pale girl and without blush all day long I get asked if I feel ok. I get the best results with the Stila Convertible Color, this is my favorite Lillium. I apply it just to the apples of my cheeks with a brush.
5. Now I use the biggest end of my Beauty Blender in my powder, the Cargo Cosmetics HD Picture Perfect Translucent Powder. The container has a mesh, I just pat the sponge on to the mesh and I pick up the perfect amount of powder. Now I just pat the powder onto my t-zone, over the concealer and blush to set everything. The powder is very fine and with the Beauty Blender you can’t even see that it is on my skin. Love that!
4 (again). Time for more blush! The powder brings down the intensity of the Lillium quite a bit, so applying a very small amount with my brush will punch up the color a bit. I’ve found that layering my blush like this makes it last all day, avoiding the awkward questions about my health.
6. Finally, if I’m feeling up for it I’ll apply a little bronzer! I’ve been using the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Light/Medium Matte Bronzer. It’s great for pale girls like me, it’s light enough to work for my skin without any shimmer or orange tint. I usually apply just a little under my cheeks for contouring and then under my jawline for a little added definition.
Have you been mixing products together to get the results you want, or am I the only one? What about any great new face products you’ve found recently?
Check out all of my collections on eBay and be sure to follow me! You’ll be able to see all of the products that I’m loving. Be sure to share my collections (use those buttons in the upper right), every time you do you’ll be entered for a chance to win $25,000! Official rules: ebay.com/shareitwinitsweepstakes
My eBay Collections were curated as part of my collaboration with eBay #followitfindit and Style Coalition.