Today for Makeup Wars we're sharing our favorite cruelty free beauty products! I recently shared some great cruelty free beauty buys over on Babble, some of which are products I use a lot, some are ones I like or that my friends recommended. I decided that today I'd share my favorite, products that I really use, from drugstore brands.
For reference, I use the list of cruelty free beauty brands from My Beauty Bunny as my ultimate CF or not CF list. It's somehow always controversial whether a brand is (or isn't) CF, and I trust Jen to sort through information for me!
1. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion: I love that this lightweight moisturizer also has alpha hydroxy acids in the formula to help keep my skin smooth.
2. Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme: I go through a jar of this every 2 months or so. One of the last things I do before bed every night is apply this to my cuticles.
3. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: This classic green mud mask is great at pulling things out of pores. And yes, there is always a bonus of 33% more free.
4. Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Liner: This is a well pigmented liquid liner that applies very easily from a felt tipped pen.
5. Hard Candy Take It Off: Are you tired of me mentioning this eye makeup remover yet? I should find another one to mention, but this is the one I use all the time! I buy 2 or 3 at a time, I live in fear of running out.
6. Avalon Organics Tea Tree Shampoo: I have eczema and, yeah me, I have a few areas that flare in my scalp when the weather gets bad. I can usually keep it in control with a zinc or tea tree shampoo. If not, I need to resort to cortisone cream, not fun!
7. Wet N Wild Nutty Eye Shadow: This is my go-to crease eye shadow! I've heard that it is a near dupe for MAC Satin Taupe. I finally bought Satin Taupe about 2 months ago, but haven't even opened it yet! Instead whenever I'm doing my makeup I swear I finish, think something isn't quite right, and a little Nutty in the crease makes it all soooo much better! The $2 for a pan that lasts forever doesn't hurt either.
Product Sent for Review I Bought It