Remember last week when I had an entire series of post on how to fight frizzy hair? It turns out that I'm not alone in my hatred of frizzy hair! L'Oreal Paris analyzed Tweets and found that from January through the end of June, there were 171,892 total tweets related to hair care issues including frizz, dry hair, fragile/thinning hair, color-treated hair and general damage – and among this set, 43% of mentions (74K) were about frizz. That number rises to 47% when looking at the month of June alone!
L'Oreal asked Polly Blitzer, TV style expert, former InStyle beauty editor and founder of BeautyBlitz.com, to get her tips for tackling frizz head on and styling hair when the humidity hits:
“L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum and Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight Crème work in tandem to keep your hair frizz-free for 72 hours. They polish the hair, lock in shine and give any hint of unruly hair behavior the heave-ho.”
Best Style to Fight Frizz: A Braid!
“Whether you like yours fishtail, Grecian or inverted on the hairline, you’re bound to be braided all summer long. These sizzling hot trends, from side-plaited to intricately woven, require your hair to be silky, glossy and healthy.”
One of my favorite braids this summer was on Maria Menounos (yet more reason to grow out my hair).
L’Oréal Paris Consulting Hair Expert Johnny Lavoy shared how to get the look!
1. Create a center part from the front of the head to the nape of the neck. Clip each section.
2. Create two cornrow braids down each side of the head. A cornrow braid is similar to a French braid except you braid underhand vs. overhand.
3. Once you get to the nape with each braid, leave the remaining hair unbraided and secure with elastics.
4. Using the remaining hair, create a fishtail braid by using two sections rather than three like a traditional braid. To create it, pick up a small section of hair from one side and pass it over to the opposite side and then repeat going back and forth. The hair should go OVER the left section and finish UNDER the right section.
5. Secure the fishtail with an elastic and finish the look with a spritz of Elnett Satin Hairspray.
For personalized expert advice, L’Oréal Paris encourages women to tweet your burning hair care questions to #AskHairGenius @LOrealParisUSA.