Phyrra is in love with the Kat Von D MetalMatte Palette! It's the BEST palette of the year!
The NEW Ouidad Mongongo Multi-Use Curl Treatment is so great that Lola's Secret Beauty Blog is partnering with Ouidad to host a GIVEAWAY for one lucky reader! THIS US ONLY GIVEAWAY IS OPEN THROUGH OCTOBER 28!
Brooke from Blushing Noir gives you look at a few of the NARS Cosmetics Velvet Lip Glides and a big tip on applying the darker shades!
Allison from Never Say Die Beauty is sooooooo excited about the Ulta Beauty launch next week of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Vault with 36 gorgeous shades!
Are you a nail polish fan? Beauty Info Zone sure is and they have some amazing fall 2016 KBShimmmer polishes that you will want for yourself.
Looking to update your makeup for Fall? Check out the NEW and affordable CATRICE line of cosmetics at Ulta. Pammy Blogs Beauty is a fan!
Beach waves in the Fall/Winter? Yes, please! See what Shipra of Taneja's Bride thinks of the Mitch Stone Essentials Texturizing Spray.
It's not often Christa from Perilously Pale caves to temptation and orders a new eyeshadow palette, I mean she does already own 5,246,562,756 eyeshadows!, but she couldn't resist the Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario. She has zero regrets about adding this INCREDIBLE palette to regular rotation of favorites.
Are you forever wondering what the best drugstore buys are? 15 Minute Beauty has created a kit with products that won't steer you wrong.
Have you tried out Fiona Stiles Beauty yet? Amber from daydreaming beauty found a fabulous new Eye & Face Contour Palette with full size products. You won’t believe the quality of this palette for $39!
Are you looking for the "perfect" highlighter? Justina's Gems has discovered something special from CoverFX that might just be THE one.
Are you looking for a refreshing fragrance that also helps women living beyond breast cancer? Then turn to Prime Beauty to learn about the refreshing Jane Iredale Lemongrass Love Hydration Spray and how it helps.
I've heard the hype for a long time. Those Hourglass Ambient Highlighters... amazing! My friends (mostly beauty bloggers) have been raving about them, snapping them up as soon as new ones are released, discussing in Facebook groups when the next version will be released... it goes on and on. And I've been over here in the corner going... really? Is it really that special? And refusing to buy. Because really, those shimmer powders seem expensive, and they're always sold out so...
But, yes, they're always sold out. Is there maybe a reason?
So, when this new palette was released on Sephora's website recently, I snapped it up. I was finally going to try this stuff out, and this palette had enough different types of the Ambient Lighting powders, that I kind of felt like I was getting an ok deal.
Read on to see what I thought!
It's been a long time since I put together an entire makeup kit. In my normal life, I use a mixture of high and low products, though many of my every day staples are ones that you can buy at your local drugstore. If a $10 product works just as well (or better) than a $30 product, why spend the extra money?
When shopping for my drugstore makeup kit, I headed for my local CVS Pharmacy. It’s offering more in beauty than ever before and has really evolved to become a one-stop shop for pharmacy and beauty needs. My local store has every one of my normal staple items, carries a huge range of brands like NYX, L'Oreal and ELF, and their exclusive brands such as Nuance Salma Hayek, and Makeup Academy (MUA) have great must-haves also. It doesn't hurt that there are new release displays every time I turn around!
One of my favorite things about CVS is the Beauty Club, which earns you money off of future purchases! You can earn $5 for every $50 you spend, or even more ExtraBucks with special offers. I love checking my receipt as I leave the store to see how many ExtraBucks I earned for my next visit!
1. Maybelline Dream BB Fresh: This is a great CC Cream! It has just the right amount of coverage, is a light weight moisturizer and blends into your skin beautifully.
2. L'Oreal Visible Lift CC Eye Concealer: A medium to full concealer that simply does not cake!
3. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder: I love a good translucent powder, and this one is finely milled and does a great job of soaking up any excess oil. I often have one in my purse!
4. Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour Face Contouring Kit: A matte bronzer, light blush and just right highlighter all in one spot.
5. NYX Eye Shadow Base: This is my normal go-to shadow primer. It covers up my lids, helps my shadow blend better and last all day, and it only takes a few seconds to apply.
6. L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Stylist Prep and Shape Brow Liner Kit: As I've gotten older, I've come to depend upon my brow products more and more. A well defined brow can go a long way towards making my makeup look amazing! This palette from L'Oreal is one of my favorites, it has a wax and just right powder.
7. L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads in Boudoir Charme: The Colour Riche quads are my favorite drugstore shadows. They are well pigmented and look much more expensive than they really are! I've found that 4 colors is great, it gives me the chance to create a few looks with the same quad, but it isn't overwhelming.
8. Maybelline Lasting Drama in Glazed Toffee: I love this eye liner! The formula is gel-like, it is very easy to smudge right after application but after about 30 seconds it stays put. So, smudge fast, then it will stay perfect all day!
9. L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer and L'Oreal Voluminous Feline Mascara: I have a combination of products to really give me long and lush lashes. In general, I've found that any mascara from L'Oreal, CoverGirl or Maybelline is a good buy!
10. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in 630 Seduction: A great peachy-nude color that will work for a variety of occasions.
What products make it into your drugstore makeup kit? I would love to know!
CVS is offering an exclusive coupon for 15 Minute Beauty readers so you can save on your next beauty purchase at CVS.com! Use the code 5OFF at checkout to save!
This post is a collaboration with CVS, but the makeup choices were all my own!
My obsession with holiday palettes continues! Every year Too Faced comes out with a huge holiday collection, with a bunch of palettes. And while I have found the shadows in these palettes to be a bit more powdery than their normal palettes, they are still very well pigmented, blend well and the colors are great! In short, they're a steal. And the real issue is deciding which on you're going to buy.
This year I bought the Sephora Exclusive Chocolate Shop set.
Read on to see pictures, swatches and see if this year's palette lives up to previous year's palettes.
It is no secret that I'm pressed for time. When I actually have time, it is pretty easy for me to take 2 hours to get ready to run to the grocery store. Don't you think that calls for a fresh manicure? I sure do! What about this new face mask, or maybe I should really add a few beachy waves to my hair? It can get out of control very quickly. Unfortunately, my days of unlimited primping time are long gone. Instead, I'm usually trying to get everything done in as little time as possible, and it isn't unusual for one of my daughters to be "getting ready" with me. Given my propensity for spending too much time getting ready, I love any time that I can combine steps in my beauty routine, get great results, and save a little time. One of the ways I've been doing that lately, and satisfying my own deep-seated need for super clean skin and clear pores, is using Micellar Water. Garnier SkinActive® has just released 2 new Micellar Cleansing Waters, and they're all kinds of amazing.
Both of the Garnier SkinActive® Micellar Cleansing Waters feel like regular water, with just a few swipes of a cotton round, they remove all of your makeup and dirt. There's no scrubbing, no left behind raccoon eyes of mascara or sticky residue on my skin. I don't even have to rinse it off. What is left behind is clean skin, without any residue, and there's no makeup left over. It is ready to apply skin care like serums or moisturizer, or even just reapply makeup again. I've been using the waterproof version of the Garnier SkinActive® Micellar Cleansing Water, it comes with a blue cap and really does remove 100% of all my eye makeup such as mascara and eye liner without any issues. I've mostly been reaching for this version because I'm still swimming in my pool a lot, so I'm wearing waterproof eyeliner, mascara and concealer every day. The products are notoriously difficult to remove; I've found that getting everything off without leaving behind a dark ring of mascara under my eye is pretty difficult. I soak a cotton round with Garnier SkinActive® Micellar Cleansing Water and press it against my closed eye for about 5-10 seconds. Then I gently wipe and all of my stubborn makeup easily comes off!
The micelle technology in the Cleansing Water is pretty interesting. They are little magnets basically for makeup, dirt and oil. They completely surround these things when they're on your skin, making them very easy for the water to wipe up and away, off of your face. They are oil-free, alcohol-free, and fragrance-free, so perfect for sensitive skin like mine. While Garnier SkinActive® Micellar Cleansing Water has been perfect for removing all of my makeup at the end of a long day, I've also been using it first thing in the morning to refresh and gently cleanse my skin. Since I'm not wearing any of my waterproof makeup at that time, I just use the original formulation in the morning. I also use the original formula any time I'm not wearing my budge-proof waterproof makeup. I even use it in the middle of the afternoon to quickly remove makeup and reapply. I mostly do this with my under eye concealer, but sometimes to my forehead and down my nose if my t-zone is extra shiny due to heat and humidity. The formula just leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, there's nothing left behind on my skin to interfere with makeup application. So, a few quick swipes with a cotton round, and then I reapply some concealer and powder really quickly. It does take a few minutes longer than applying another layer of concealer, but the added layer of product will look cakey and make me look tired and old. It really is worth the time to remove the makeup and reapply a completely fresh application of product. I've been keeping both of my bottles of Garnier SkinActive® Micellar Cleansing Water on my bathroom vanity, right next to my cotton rounds. It is easy to grab whichever bottle I need and quickly clean off my face. They're perfect for those nights that I'm completely exhausted and just feel like falling into bed without washing off my face. It's so fast that I really have no excuse to not to remove everything at the end of the day.
What time saving beauty products are you using lately? I'd love to know - plus when you leave me a comment it will enter you to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/17/16– 11/17/16