I love a good BB Cream! They're like souped up Tinted Moisturizers. They offer hydration, often some anti-aging benefits, coverage and often sunscreen all in one step. And given how little time I really have in the morning to get ready, you can imagine that my hoarding "must try all the things" tendency has taken over and I have a big BB/CC Cream collection.
After trial and error, I've found some great products (and a few not so great) that work well for me. Read on to see what they are!
1. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (at Amazon, Target or ULTA) has nice, easily blended medium coverage.
2. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (get it from Amazon, Target or ULTA): This is a great option if you have acne-prone skin.
3. Burt's Bees BB Cream (at Burt's Bees): This is a lighter coverage than the Maybelline, check out my full Burt's Bees BB Cream review.
Most of my favorites are at a higher price point than the drugstore (sad but true), and I pick which one I'm using that day based upon how much coverage I need, which product matches my skin the best that day and how much hydration I think my skin needs. About 75% of the time, I end up with the YSL.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets BB Cream Skintone Perfector (get it from YSL, Nordstrom, or Sephora)
5. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (at Laura Mercier, Nordstrom or Sephora)
6. Giorgio Armani Luminessence CC Cream (at Giorgio Armani, Sephora)
7. Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 (at Bobbi Brown, Nordstrom or Sephora): I need to be honest about this one, and say that I use the Nude Blush which is mostly just illuminating without much coverage at all. It's perfect for mixing with a concealer like Clarins Instant Concealer (see my favorite concealers).
Medium to Full Coverage
8. IT Cosmetics Full Coverage SPF 50 CC Cream Illumination (buy it at IT Cosmetics, QVC, or ULTA): This comes in 5 different shades, a BB Cream, a CC Cream and Illuminating (and non-illuminating) versions. They are all amazing. Yes, absolutely amazing. My favorite is the Illuminating CC Cream version.
9. Giorgio Armani Crema Nuda (at Giorgio Armani): When I purchased my beloved Giorgio Armani Silk Luminous Foundation in the fall, I got a gift with purchase and it included a pretty generous sample of Crema Nuda. Initially I dismissed it, it looks quite a bit darker than I would ever use. But I tried it one day... OMG. It's kind of amazing. Very hydrating, it covers everything and looks like real skin. I use color 2, despite being pretty pale. Someday I'll splurge on it. Just not quite yet.
I Bought It, Affiliate Links, Product Provided for Review