Eye makeup removers tend to be one of those things that I buy a lot of. I want to test all of them, and I know that the perfect one is out there!
I'm pretty picky about eye makeup removers. My ideal eye makeup remover would make everything melt off my eye and be quickly removed with just a quick rinse. No cotton rounds or follow up cleansers needed. I have to be honest, I have not found a cleaner that does all of that, so mostly I settle for quick acting and removing all of my eye makeup.
Today I'm sharing the ones that I've liked in the last year or so, but you can also check out my post on the favorite eye makeup removers of beauty bloggers if you're looking for more ideas!
1. Coco Loco (at Etsy, my Coco Loco review): You can check out my review for the full details, but this is probably the closest remover to that "ideal" eye makeup remover that I mentioned. It is solid in the jar, but melts with the touch of a finger. I don't even need a cotton round to remove all of my mascara and eye liner, just a little rubbing with a fingertip. I do follow this up with a regular facial cleanser to remove the coconut oil that is left behind.
2. Avène Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (get it at Drugstore.com or Dermstore): This clear gel removes everything immediately upon contact! It rinses off fully and easily.
3. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover (at Nordstrom or Lancôme): This is still my "gold standard" of eye makeup removers, so I compare all other eye makeup removers to this product. I can remove even the most stubborn of waterproof eye makeup without any problems.
4. Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil (at Drugstore.com or ULTA): A new favorite, I think I'm on my 4th or 5th bottle of this cleanser already. It's meant to be used just as a facial cleanser, but I use it with a cotton round to easily remove all of my eye makeup. Like the Coco Loco, it does leave an oil residue behind, which I clean off with a more traditional facial cleanser.
5. H2O+ Aqualibrium Dual-Action Eye Makeup Remover (from H2O+ or Beauty.com): This eye makeup remover is very, very similar to the Lancôme Bi-Facil at a lower price tag.
6. Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover (at Target or Drugstore.com): This is really just a normal face wash, but it does a decent job of removing all but the most stubborn waterproof eye makeup, without using a cotton round! It's great for days that I'm feeling a little lazy since it saves me the eye makeup remover step.
Did I miss your favorite? What do you reach for every night to remove your eye makeup?
Don't forget to check out the favorite eye makeup removers of the other Makeup Wars Bloggers!
Product Sent for Review Affiliate Links Bought It Myself