I can't be the only one out there that needs to dramatically up their lip product game as soon as the weather turns a bit cold! My lips seem to be pretty sensitive to the cold and low humidity of winter. If I'm not super vigilant about my lip balm, exfoliating and breaking out a heavy duty treatment as soon there's a sign of trouble... well, things can get painful quickly.
So, I've tried a huge array of lip products. Some good, some bad, and some amazing! I thought I'd share my favorites with you.
ScrubsNot everyone needs a lip scrub, but I definitely do! When using a lip scrub, think of them as maintenance for your lips. You want the dry skin off so the hydrating lip balms and treatments can work right. You can use a lip scrub once or twice a week to do this, though you could just use your toothbrush on your lips and be done with it. (Let's face it, that second option isn't as much fun!)
Personally, I like a scrub once a week or so. I look for a scrub with either lots of small grit or a sugar scrub, those both work well for me. The goal is to wash your lips and have them feel well scrubbed, but not like you scrubbed off the entire top layer of your lips. If your lips are super chapped and peeling that is not the time to use a lip scrub, you'll only damage your lips more! So, only scrub healthy lips.
Here are the lip scrubs that I've tried and loved in the past, not all of them have made it to the blog.
1. Lush Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
2. Bite Beauty Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub
3. Bliss Fabulips 'Pout'-o-matic Spa Powered Lip-Perfecting System (my review)
4. e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator (mentioned here)
5. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish
6. Sara Happ The Lip Scrub Brown Sugar Lip Exfoliator (my review)
7. Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Lip Scrub
HydratorsThese are my daily go-to products for hydration. I leave them on my nightstand, always have one in my purse and usually will apply one of these products at the beginning of my makeup routine. By the time my mascara is on, my lips are perfectly prepped for a lippie!
8. Kiehl's Since 1851 Lip Balm #1
9. Aquaphor Lip Repair Ointment
10. MAC Lip Conditioner
11. Nivea Lip Butter Raspberry Rose Kiss
12. Eve Lom 'Kiss Mix' Lip Treatment
Intensive TreatmentsWhen your lips are acting up, you need to turn to a more intensive treatment. While I still use my hydrating products during the day, I'll turn to one of these super hydrators a few times a day as well. They also offer ingredients that will help my lips recover quickly, and they can take the place of my regular hydrating balm or they're an extra treatment.
14. Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment
15. Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment
16. Hourglass N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil
17. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy
18. AmorePacific Moisture Bound Lip Treatment
19. Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair
20. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask
21. Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm
Anti-Aging ProductsYes, even your lips age. Because most of us don't remember to apply sunscreen to them, along with the extra thin skin in this area, it can be one of the earliest areas to age. Luckily there are quite a few lip products that have ingredients specially formulated for reversing, or at least fighting, this process.
22. StriVectin Clinical Corrector Anti-Aging Lip Tint SPF 20
23. Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip Treatment
24. La Mer 'The Lip Balm'
25. Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Anti-Wrinkle Eye & Lip Cream
26. Clinique All About Lips
27. Your Best Face Define
Product Sent for Review I Bought It Myself Affiliate Links