I used to do a lot of fragrance reviews here on 15 Minute Beauty. I really do love fragrances and perfume! But, I find them very hard to write, and since my sense of smell does seem to be a bit out of whack while I'm pregnant, and often for decent parts of the spring and fall, despite lots of allergy meds. So, the result is fewer fragrance reviews. But, you can bet that I'm still using a lot of perfumes on my own!
Today for Makeup Wars we're sharing our favorite fragrances. I had a pretty hard time deciding which to pick, I stood there at my vanity smelling bottles and vials, and finally settled on these 11 perfumes as the ones I use the most often.
1. Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Toilette: This is definitely the perfume that I reach for on most days. It is a light floral, just a little bit sweet, and I wear it for pretty much any occasion. Home with the family, at work, out to dinner... you name it!
Notes: Orange blossom, Jasmine, Patchouli, White flower, Cedarwood, Rose Honey
2. Prada Amber Eau de Parfum Spray: This one is definitely a bit more on the deep and musky side.
Notes: Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Mandarin, Mimosa Absolute, Rose Absolute, Patchouli Absolute, Labdanum, Tonka Beans, Vanilla, Sandalwood And Benzoin
3. Trish McEvoy Sexy No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Eau de Parfum (my Trish McEvoy Sexy No. 9 review): I'm a big sucker for both versions of the Trish McEvoy Blackberry Perfumes. This one is definitely sexier, a bit more musky but you still get that amazing Blackberry note.
Notes: Blackberry, Vanilla, Velvet Musk, Patchouli And Sandalwood
4. Trish McEvoy No. 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Eau de Parfum (my Trish McEvoy Blackberry & Vanilla Musk review): A lighter, everyday version of the Blackberry scent, there's a bit more of the Blackberry here.
Notes: Blackberry, Vanilla, Velvet Musk, White Rose and Cashmere Woods
5. Bond No. 9 New York Chinatown Fragrance (my Bond No. 9 Chinatown review): This perfume comes across as a bit spicy and exotic on me, I tend to wear it if I'm going out somewhere.
Notes: Peach Blossom, Peony, Gardenia, Tuberose, Patchouli, Cardamon, Dark Woods
6. Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau de Parfum (my Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Perfume review): This is a perfume that I've worn since high school, which means over 20 years. Yes. It's a light floral that works for almost everything, but I love that the Lilac definitely comes out on me as does the Amber base note, so it isn't a generic white floral.
Notes: Lilac, Linden Blossom, Dewy Magnolia, Muguet, Exotic Mandarin and Bergamot, Rare Rose Bulgarian, Violet, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Indian Tuberose, Peach, Clove, and Nutmeg, Amber, Tibetan Musk, Sandalwood, Iris, and Vanilla
7. Michael Kors Eau de Parfum Spray: It's a bit floral, a bit musky and spicy all at once.
Notes: Freesia, Tamarind, Chinese Osmanthus, Incense, Tuberose, White Wings Peony, Blue Orris, Arum Lilies, Cashmere Woods, Musk, Vetiver Haiti
8. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Spray: Floral without being overwhelmingly floral. I like that it seems bit sweet as well, I think because of the Orange Blossom note.
Notes: Bergamot, Tea, Freesia, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Orchid, Rose, Patchouli
9. Bond No. 9 Nuits de NoHo Fragrance (my Bond No. 9 Nuits de NoHo Review): This one is a bit sexy, patchouli and musky. The jasmine keeps it from being too heavy.
Notes: Jasmine, Creamy Vanilla, Sheer Patchouli, Musk, Bergamot, Rosewood
10. Jennifer Aniston by Jennifer Aniston (my Jennifer Aniston Fragrance review): I like this one so much I declared it one of my favorite all time products during my 5 year blogging anniversary celebration! I don't currently have a bottle (a little someone liked to smell it all the time and she may have dropped it all over my bathroom floor), but I'll be picking up another one sometime soon. It's beachy and floral without being overwhelming. Definitely not what you'd expect from a celebrity fragrance!
Notes: Citrus Grove Accord, Rose Water, Blooming Jasmine, Wild Violet, Amazon Lily, Sensual Musk, Golden Amber, Sandalwood
11. Trish McEvoy Black Rose Oud Eau de Parfum (my Trish McEvoy Black Rose Oud review): I'm not usually an Oud fan, but this is wearable even for me!
Notes: Fresh Raspberry Leaves, Lychee, Osmanthus Flower, Japanese Saffron, Black Peppercorn, Black Baccarat Rose Petals, Papyrus, Midnight Orchid, Imperial Incense, Agarwood Oil, Rare Sandalwood, Sensual Musk, Patchouli, Madagascan Vanilla
I Bought It Myself Affiliate Links Product Sent for Review