First, to me this is classic beachy waves. Jon Reyman from Aveda created the look. “We designed a totally natural style to complement Charlotte’s collection for spring and summer. With soft bends and matte finish, it strikes just the right balance between wavy and straight, clean and dirty.”
1. Prep hair by spritzing lightly with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and blowdry with fingers or a brush, parting in the middle.
2. Follow with an all-over light mist of Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray and rake through with fingers.
3. Beginning at the front and working backwards, divide hair into one-inch horizontal slices, rolling each section around two fingers as if to create a loose pin curl.
4. Press the curl with a flat iron for just a few seconds, then release to let hair fall into easy, relaxed bends.
5. Rake through with fingers to create unaffected texture, finishing with a mist of Control Force Hair Spray if needed.
What do you think? While I've used my flat iron to curl before, I've never tried to do pin curls with it. I love the idea of many different sizes of pin curls.