When the Top 10 beauty bloggers decided to feature a list of the top 10 items we keep in our purse, I admit I was a bit worried. It’s not unusual for me to have a situation like this going on. About 25 lippies in my purse. And yes, that is exactly what was going on when I dug through my purse to write this post (I’m writing this on Monday afternoon). Luckily I did find a few other items in the mix!
I have a giant purse, which is a bit like a Mary Poppins bag. I often use it as a diaper bag as well, and it carts a lot of stuff to and from work. I could probably use it as a carry on for travel if I wanted to as well (yes, it is that big).
To help keep absolute essentials from getting lost, I keep things that I always have in my purse in this cosmetic bag, it is a Clarins Feed promo bag from a few years ago. It’s no longer available, but they did just bring out a new Clarins Feed 25 bag if you’re interested in getting a great bag, fun products and donating to a great cause!
Inside of that bag, I always have these essentials:
1. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets: They remove oil without messing up my makeup or leaving behind strange powder.
2. Nivea Extended Moisture Hand Cream: This is super hydrating, so it is perfect for midwest winters.
3. MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Woo Me: This is my perfect balance of pink and nude. Since it is so neutral for me, I keep it in my bag so I’ll always have a perfect lippie. It isn’t currently available, but it comes back every 12-18 months and I buy a new one.
4. Nivea Creme: Even thicker and more hydrating than the hand cream! I tend to use this when my cuticles are really bothering me (no matter what I do, they dry out when I travel), and it works great on my eczema that I might have.
5. CoverGirl Powder: Of course, this one is no longer available on-line, but it is the Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder. I like that it is a little smaller than other powders and is pretty finely milled. Great for mid-afternoon touchups.
The rest of my lippies tend to just collect at the bottom of my purse. It’s a big collection of different formulas, colors and they run from $1 Burt’s Bees lip balms to my YSL lipstick (which I’m still trying to love. But I don’t.)
Here are the 5 from that collection that I use the most often.
6. L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in 946 Provence Romance
7. Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk
8. L’Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After
9. Too Faced Lipstick in Honey Bear
10. Osmia Organics Lip Luster
Finally, an added, bonus, 11th item! This is the lippie that I was searching for so often at the bottom of my purse that it now just lives in the center console of my car. It is CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in C U L8R 210.