Claire Danes was probably my #1 or 2 favorite of the night. I love how fun and youthful but still… appropriate and pretty her look was at the Golden Globes. Claire’s look was created by Celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler from John Frieda and Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director for Laura Mercier.
Maulawizada determined that “glowy, warm skin” would be the perfect canvas for Danes’ sultry makeup look.
• First, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact SPF 20 in Almond to warm up Claire’s skin tone.
• Next he sparingly used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage #3 to “cover up little imperfections and darkness under the eyes, which she really doesn’t have.”
• On her cheeks, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze followed by Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Palette to “highlight, bronze and make her even more glowy.”
• Lastly he used a combination of Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent and Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder to set Claire’s makeup and concealer.
• To ensure Danes glowed from head to toe, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Powder in Candlelight over Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum on Claire’s shoulders and arms.
Maulawizada determined that a sultry, smoky eye would perfectly complement the star’s glamorous, red Versace dress. “I decided to go with a smoky eye and not a red lip since the dress was so red,” stated Maulawizada.
• Maulawizada accomplished this by applying Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Liner in Black on Danes’ top lids and under her eyes “to create depth and shape.”
• Next he applied Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony with Laura Mercier Flat Eye Liner Brush to “deepen the lash line.” He then rimmed the inside of the eyes using Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold to “intensify the depth and to create a contrast with Claire’s blue eyes.”
• Maulawizada added the final touch of glamour by applying multiple coats of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara to Claire’s upper lashes.
Maulawizada used neutral colours to “contour the lips” and make them appear “pouty, à la an early ‘90s supermodel pout.”
• He first defined the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Hazelnut.
• Then he contoured and shaded in the lips with Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Praline.
• Lastly he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Angelic to make the colour a “bit more beige and quiet.”
1. Blowdry hair with a large, round, boar bristle brush. Take a curling iron with a 1 1/2 inch barrel and start curling hair section by section. Set the curls with Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hairspray.
2. To create the perfect wave, use a paddle brush to brush through curls. Apply Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème throughout the hair–it will soften hair and add shine while leaving the curls chunky and intact.
3. Finish by adding a fine mist of Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray to lock in the style.