It’s wedding season, and while the bride probably picked out her hairstyle (and that of her bridesmaids) about 6 months ago, then had multiple run throughs with her stylist… most of the guests don’t start thinking about what to wear or do with themselves until right before the event.
Luckily, getting an amazing updo isn’t as hard as you think! Sassy Hollingworth sent me some amazing pictures this morning of her quick and easy updo! This low sidebun only needs long hair (you don’t even need to prep it a certain way) and a ponytail holder!
1. Start with hair straight, curly, wavy. Mine is naturally straight as a board, so I’m going to work with what I got!
2. Pull a low, side ponytail half way through the hair tie.
3. Wrap the excess hair around the hair tie.
4. Tuck the ends of your hair into the hair tie.
5. Fluff and make it a little messy.
6. Rock it. Have the best hair at the wedding. And when someone asks you “OMG! How’d you do that?!?” Just shrug and say you through it up really quick on the drive over 😉
Sasha (Sassy) Hollingworth from The Style House Frisco did start out training for a career in hair design and styling. In 2009, she earned a BFA in interior design from the Art Institute of Dallas. When the reality of the economy hit hard and she found herself without a job, she refocused and started a new path at Paul Mitchell the School Dallas. Since then, she has had extensive training by a number of nationally recognized brands to ensure the highest level of skill to all of my clients ranging from cut & color to extensions & Brazilian Blowouts. Styling for photo shoots or special occasion hair & make up are her absolute favorite things to do.