Let’s face it, buns are nothing new. This look was created by Odile Gilbert of Kérastase Paris for the Jason Wu Spring/Sumer 2016 runway, and the idea was a modern, sleek version of the Chignon with a wet-look finish. But what really caught my eye was all of the texture in the bun itself. And luckily, the look is pretty easy to recreate yourself!
What you’ll need to recreate the look:
• Matérialiste: A new thickening spray that really increases the volume of the hair
• Crème de la Crème: Smoothing blow dry cream
• Laque Dentelle: Long lasting hold
• Ponytail Holders
• Bobby Pins
To get the look:
• Start this look with dry hair
• Spray Matérialiste to the palms of hands and apply to roots of hair to add texture.
• Take liberal amount of Crème de la Crème from root to shaft and slick hair back until it’s smooth and shiny.
• Brush hair back using fingers to give a trace of texture and leave “finger tracks”.
• Gather hair slightly higher than the nape of the neck and at a height in line with the ears.
• Next, pull hair back to a ponytail, split the hair into two sections and twist hair to create a modern chignon and secure with multiple elastics for added texture.
• Finish the style with Laque Dentelle for a sleek, wet look.
Images: Getty Images for Kérastase, provided by Kérastase