So, it's basically the summer here. And that means swimming. My daughter is 4 (what??) this summer, and she's already talking about spending a lot more time in the water this year! And that's great, I want her to become a great swimmer, I was basically a fish all summer long when I was growing up. But, it also means that mommy needs to be ready to jump in the pool too. And that means a new swim suit!
This year is a bit different than previous summers. I'm 6 months post partum, so I don't exactly have a six pack, but I'm not big either. I'm back down to my normal slightly hourglass size 8 body, and happy with it. My stomach is a bit soft, but fine in a one piece. I'm nursing, and that's really the issue. I'm definitely lopsided! And big. So, I need some nice support, I don't want to call attention to that area and if there's a bit of an optical illusion that helps make it less obvious that things are 1 cup size different on each side (I was like this last time, I'm hoping it resolves itself).
I've been doing a lot of swim suit shopping on-line, I thought I'd share my favorites and what I bought in case it helps someone else out!
Suits I Bought:1. MICHAEL Michael Kors One-Shoulder Tankini & Hipster Swim Bottom: For some reason the pic shows the top going down over the bottom, but I assure you, it doesn't. It stops like a normal tankini at the top of the bottom. It's at Macy's or Michael Kors.
2. Tory Burch Striped High-Neck One-Piece Swimsuit: I like the stripes on this one, they're kind of an optical illusion for the tummy and top! The slightly higher neckline will be perfect for in the water, I'll have little ones grabbing on to me and I always feel like they're trying to remove my suit. Yes. This will help that! I got it at Neiman Marcus, it's also at Tory Burch or Bloomingdale's.
3. Tommy Bahama Medallion-Print Bandeau One-Piece Swimsuit: I love the print on this one, and the smocking on the abdomen is a nice touch that won't make me look chubby. I'm a bit worried about the top being pulled down by little ones, though it does come with an optional strap that I'll definitely be wearing! It was also from Neiman Marcus, but you can buy it at Tommy Bahama.
Suits I Almost Bought:4. Tommy Bahama Pearl Blouson Bandini: I love the blousing on the top with this one, but I held off on buying it because I thought it was almost too obvious in the tummy hiding department? Does that make sense? I'd love this as a regular shirt though! You can get it from Nordstrom or Tommy Bahama, or here's a very similar J. Crew suit.
5. J. Crew Ruched Bandeau One-Piece: I have a similar swim suit already from J. Crew, and it is amazing if your tummy is less than tight. I prefer this neckline to the one I have currently (which puts the girls on more display and really emphasizes the size issues).
Cover Up I Bought:6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Logo Boat-Neck Banded Cover Up: I love this big navy shirt. It's pretty flowy and flattering, and the material is basically as swimsuit, so it is lightweight and will dry quickly. I bought it from Macy's.
Cover Ups I Almost Bought:(I'll probably buy one of these, still debating!)
7. Tommy Bahama Solid High-Neck Maxi Beach Dress: This also came in a short version, but it has sold out and I don't think they're going to make it any more. I think it's pretty versatile for going from the pool/beach to lunch, and I like the high neckline. I think it would work great with my striped Tory Burch suit. It's available from Tommy Bahama
8. J. Crew Embroidered Three-Quarter Sleeve Tunic: I love this tunic, but I keep buy tunics. Tunics, tunics, tunics. I have a lot. I'm not sure I really need another? At J. Crew.
9. Tommy Bahama Knit & Chiffon Cardigan: I think this one is likely the most comfortable at the side of the pool. Easy on and off! It just sold out on Nordstrom, while I had it sitting there in my cart... I guess I need to order! From Tommy Bahama.
I Bought It Myself Affiliate Links