I’m one of those girls that has to have mascara. I just don’t feel complete without it! My lashes really do feel strangely naked. I’m a mascara girl and about 90% of the ones that I purchase never make it to the blog (I know… I know… I need to start doing regular mascara reviews again!)
So, I have a pretty well stocked mascara area in my vanity. There are a ton that I use, but I have to admit that about 90% of the time I reach for my Too faced Better than Sex Mascara. It gives me the best results in terms of length, volume and all day curl.
I love the molded plastic mascara brushes that have been out the last few years! I really like to layer two mascaras together (learn more in my Faking Falsies: The Best Mascara Tips post), and the plastic brush mascaras are always my second mascara. The brush lets you pull apart any lashes that are stuck together and as I apply I really push my lashes up to help them curl more. It makes a big difference!
2. Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara (at Sephora, Nordstrom): The bend in the wand really does seem to make a difference! I love that it really helps me reach every lash, but the formula seems to form clumps easily, a light wipe before application with a tissue makes a big difference.
3. CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara (at Target, Drugstore.com, check out my Clump Crusher Mascara review): This mascara has been specially formulated to prevent clumps, and it really does work! I once applied 30 (!!) layers of this mascara for a post. No clumps, but I think I had about half of the tube on my lashes.
4. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara (from ULTA or Amazon): The brush on this brush is very different, it is angled and the bristles are much longer than the other mascaras, so they really do a great job at pulling apart lashes.
5. It Cosmetics Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer (at It Cosmetics or ULTA): If you have a hard time getting your mascara right at the base of your lashes (which you really want because it makes them look much thicker), definitely go pick up this “primer”! I’m not certain that it adds that much length or volume beyond a regular mascara, but the tiny brush really is amazing for getting mascara right at the base of your eye lashes.
7. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (at Too Faced, ULTA or Sephora): This is the mascara that I reach for most mornings. It has just the right combination of volume and length for my lashes, no smudging or clumps in sight!
8. Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara (from Giorgio Armani, Sephora or Nordstrom): I got a sample of this mascara a few months ago and I’ve been “saving” it for days that I want a lot of volume. I will be picking it up soon, it has amazing volume!
What’s your favorite mascara? I’m always looking for great ones!