I'm not sure how this happened, but over the last few years or so... I've become obsessed with one of the most expensive hair care brands out there. It started when I bought some shampoo and conditioner on Rue La La a few years ago. I noticed that with the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was easier to style. I actually got comments on Facebook pictures about my hair being shiny (completely ignoring the new baby in those pics), must have been some good hair! I had a tub of hair masque that I'd break out when really necessary. That little tub was babied for years, and it always gave me a week of good hair days. When I ran out, I was sad. I bought other salon brand products and they were good, and I enjoyed them. But there was always a bit of regret. They weren't Kerastase.
Suddenly, Kerastase started showing up on my doorstep (gasp!) I have no idea how that happened, but I had styling products! Mousse! Hair Spray! And best of all... a sea salt spray. The only one that has ever really worked well for my hair. When Kerastase started showing up semi-regularly on Rue La La, I started buying big bottles of shampoo and more masque. I repurchased products. I started stocking up in case I ran out. And I found myself saying no to testing other products.
So, my name is Christine... and I am a Kerastase addict. And these are my favorites!
1. Réflection Bain Chroma Riche (at Birchbox): This shampoo is the real secret to the good hair days. I've found that as long as I use this shampoo (a shine enhancing shampoo for color treated hair like mine), my hair is healthier, dries faster and styling is easier. When possible, I buy the very large, salon exclusive size from Rue La La.
2. Fondant Chroma Captive (at Birchbox): This lightweight conditioner is the "everyday" conditioner that I usually pair with the shampoo. It is hydrating without weighing down my hair.
3. Réflection Masque Chroma Riche (at Birchbox): The intensive mask that I was previously hoarding, I now use it about once a week. While I often just swap it out for my daily conditioner, it really does work better when I take a few extra minutes to towel dry my hair a bit after shampooing, then apply and rinse out after 10 minutes or so.
4. Spray Volumifique (at Kerastase): This spray adds shine, softens hair and can really help add a lot of volume! I don't use it often, but I like to reach for it when I know I'm styling my hair and want volume.
5. Nectar Thermique (at Birchbox): A light lotion that I'll use on damp hair when my hair is feeling dry. It add hydration, helps fight damage and protects from heat damage.
6. Ciment Thermique (at Birchbox): Let's face it, sometimes we all over do it with heat styling, and our hair suffers. When my hair is looking damaged and I need to head to the salon for a trim, I break out this lotion. It helps with the damaged areas, and helps to protect from further damage.
7. Spray À Porter (at Birchbox): The first sea salt spray to work for me, this is really the key product for when I curl my hair. I use about 8-10 sprays throughout my hair when it is wet. It gives my hair just the right amount of texture and holds the curls in place much longer.
8. Mousse Bouffante (Kerastase): If I want really big, Texas worthy hair with some hold, then this is the mousse I reach for. Don't overdo it, about the size of an egg is all that my hair can handle.
9. Laque Dentelle (at Kerastase): This is my current favorite hair spray! It has flexible hold but really does a great job of working all day long despite any humidity. I'm on my second can already.
Product Sent for Review I Bought It Myself Affiliate Links