As usual, Kate Beckinsale looked amazing at the Golden Globes. I’m convinced that she can do no wrong. Her skin is always glowing, her hair healthy and beautiful, yet she never seems to be over shadowed by any one element of her look, everything just works.
Kate’s sleek and sophisticated, yet still approachable, updo was created by celebrity hairstylist Creighton Bowman of Tracey Mattingly.
“Our inspiration for the evening came from Kate’s stunning Elie Saab gown and the idea of adding length to her silhouette by adding height to her hair,” said Creighton.
Get the Look:
• First, on towel-dried hair, I applied René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam (at Beauty.com) – no rinse at the roots and René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no-rinse detangling spray (at Beauty.com) on the ends.
• Also, I sprayed on René Furterer LISSEA thermal protecting smoothing spray (at Beauty.com) to help protect the hair from my heat styling tools.
• Next, using a medium-sized round brush, I blew out the hair.
• Once Kate’s blowout was finished, I curled the hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron and then set the hair into 1″ sections.
• I then brushed out the curls and sprayed René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo (at Beauty.com) all over for added texture and thickness.
• To begin the updo, I pulled all of the hair to the top of the crown and secured it with a ponytail holder.
• Once the ponytail was secure, I wrapped all of the hair around the ponytail base in a forward motion and secured it with pins in the front of the ponytail.
• Finally, I used René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY (at Beauty.com) to hold the look in place and to smooth any flyaways.
Image: Getty Images Entertainment provided by René Furterer