Have you been hearing all about Into the Woods? I feel like every time I turn on TV one of the stars is being interviewed, and yes, there really are a lot of stars! The premiere was Monday night in New York, and a few of the celebrity makeup artists are sharing how they created the Red Carpet looks!
Emily Blunt's look was created by Jenn Streicher for Laura Mercier.
• First Emily's face was well prepped with RéVive Intensité Moisture Serum Extrême Complete Hydration (1), and primed with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum (2).
• Next, she applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen in Natural (3), $43 and blended in the shade with a damp BeautyBlender sponge (4).
• Laura Mercier Secret Concealer (5) in #1.5 was applied under the eye area and as need to even out skin tone.
• The look was set the look with Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder (6).
• Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (7) in Rosegold was applied over the lid. Amethyst was then applied along the lash line.
• Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner (8) in Noir was applied along the lash line and then up into a cat eye.
• Multiple coats of black mascara were finally added. There was no mention of which mascara, but try Lancome's Grandiôse Mascara (9) for a wide eyed look.
• Surprisingly enough, there are 2 lipsticks and a lip pencil involved in making that lip color! First, Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour (10) in Plumberry was applied as a base. Next, Laura Mercier Lip Pencil (12) in Ruby was used to deepen the ends. Finally, Hollywood (11), was applied to the center of the lips to create an ombré look and provide a “pop of color.”
Anna Kendrick's look was created by Sara Glick for Laura Mercier. I love how clean and fresh she looks, and how her eye color is accented with plum and eggplant shades!
• Anna's face was first moisturized with RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator (1), and then primed with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Oil Free (2).
• Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer (3) in #0.5, was applied only as needed using fingers.
• Using a BeautyBlender sponge, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 (4) in Cameo was sparingly applied.
• Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour (5) in Soft Iris was applied along the hollows of the cheeks, sweeping upwards toward the hairline. “This is a simple and easy way to bring out the natural curves of the face without looking too bronzed, and can simply be incorporated into a daily makeup routine. Her skin is porcelain and fair, therefore, just small amount beautifully complemented her skin tone.”
• Three shades of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (6) were used to create a subtle smoky eye. First, she applied Seashell on the inner corners, top and bottom. Next, she used Rosegold on the lids and bottom lash line, and finally Plum for the crease and outer lash line.
• Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner (7) in Noir was applied along the lash line with an angled brush, making sure to fill in the top waterline.
• Three to four coats of BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara (8) in Black to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.
• Anna’s brows were kept fairly natural, lightly filled in with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil (9) in Ash Blonde.
• Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour(10) in Silk was used on Anna's lips. “When I think of a princess, this is she shade that comes to mind,” Glick shared.