Today for Makeup Wars we're showcasing our favorite face masks, a topic that is right up my alley! I'm a big fan of skin care, and actually, quite a few of these products were featured in my favorite skin care savers post (and the follow up, the best drugstore skin care products).
1. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (my Midnight Recovery Review): Ok, yes, this is not a face mask. But I've yet to find a hydrating face mask that works anywhere near as well as this one, so I had to include it in the post! I only need a few drops on my face at night and I'll wake up glowy!
2. L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Glow Renewal Facial Oil: This is the L'Oreal dupe of the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. The oils are different, but they work the same way, except this one feels a little bit heavier on my skin. Super glowy results!
3. Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque (my original Rare Earth Mask Review): Yes, there are cheaper clay face masks out there (and I'll be recommending one in a moment), but now that I have rosacea and I'm pregnant, I've been reaching for this one over any other. It pulls everything out of my pores, doesn't get that "so tight it hurts" feeling as it dries, and it doesn't irritate my skin. Definitely worth the extra money if your skin is at all sensitive!
4. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: Depending on where you get it, this mask is usually in the $3-5 range, which is pretty tough to beat! It does a great job of pulling everything out of your pores, and I used it multiple times a week during my first (rosacea-free) pregnancy to help keep the hormonal blemishes at bay. However, my skin seems extra sensitive during this pregnancy, so this mask can be a bit irritating (hence, I'm using the Kiehl's), but I'm hoping that I'll be able to use this one again after I deliver.
5. Bliss Multi-‘Face’-Eted All-In-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask: This mask was just released by Bliss, and because it isn't pregnancy friendly I'm staring at it longingly on my countertop! It's yet another clay mask (I love cleaning out my pores, can you tell?), but this one has a few anti-aging extras. In particular, it has 10% Glycolic Acid, which really will help to exfoliate your skin and clean out your pores even more. There's also Jojoba Oil to help add moisture and plump up your skin and Kojic Acid to help with discoloration.
6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask (my Instant Oatmeal Mask review): This mask is hydrating and it can be a bit exfoliating (there's oatmeal in it, you can use it like a scrub as you remove it), but mostly it is just really soothing. If my skin is red and irritated at all, this is the mask I reach for. In no time my skin feels more comfortable, it adds some nice hydration and my redness is gone. And did I mention it smells like cookies? It does.
7. Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask: Yes, I know this mask says hydration, and it is hydrating (though not quite as hydrating as a few drops of that Kiehl's Midnight Recovery). But, really this creamy mask is similar in effect to the First Aid Beauty Oatmeal Mask. It adds some moisture and calms down irritation. But, it doesn't smell like cookies.
What are your favorite masks? Do any of them smell like cookies too?
Product Sent for Review Affiliate Links I Bought It Myself