I’ve previously shared great nude lippies, but today for Makeup Wars we’re sharing our favorites! I went through my pockets, purses and the top of my vanity to find the products, and shades, that I’m reaching for most often. Because my skin is so fair, I’ve found that I need to be really careful with light nude shades. Too light or too nude and I look ill. I usually need to add in a little bit of pink to give me a bit of color.
I’m often a drugstore makeup girl, but lately I’ve splurged a bit at Sephora. What nude lippies are you reaching for lately?
1. YSL Glossy Stain in 106 Beige Anarchist: The YSL Glossy Stains are a great formula and sometime in the last year or so they came out with beige-nude tones. I recommend picking out one that looks darker than your lip shade, they’re pretty translucent.
2. NARS Lip Gloss in Belize: Super pretty mauve-pink-nude color, it should work for a lot of skin tones.
3. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain, Lilac Ever After 185 : I know this is often described as a purple, but it really isn’t. I’ve repurchased this shade 3 times now I think? It is a bit mauve, a bit nude, and just deep enough to look like I have some color but not take over.
4. Maybelline Color Sensation Lipcolor Buffs, Nude Lust: These Maybelline lippies are really hard to find in stock, so I ordered this one on-line. I really like it, and I’m trying to ignore my urge to buy a few more shades.
5. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Balm, Caramel Comfort: Perfect for keeping in your pocket all the time!
6. YSL Rougé Volupte Shine in 10 Chocolate Instyle: It looks darker, but this is pretty translucent and comes across as just the perfect slightly darker than nude shade on my lips.
7. Maybelline ColorSensational Color Elixir Lip Color, Nude Illusion: The Maybelline liquid lips are a bit more pigmented than their L’Oreal cousins, I also like Caramel Infused.