Hi there! It's Phyrra. Today I've got a Halloween inspired mani for you. I used Cult Nails Lamestain, which is a deep oxblood creme, for my base color. Then I used cute nail decals from the Nail Art Society (which is an awesome monthly subscription service for people who love nail art) that were Halloween themed. Super simple!
For my base coat I used Cult Nails Get it On Base Coat and KBShimmer Clearly on Top Top Coat.
For anyone who struggles with nail art, I highly recommend using decals because they're cute and easy!
To do this at home:
1. Clean your nails with a nail polish remover like Zoya Remove to take off any oils from the nail bed. Really rub at your nails to get off the oils.
2. Push back your cuticles.
3. Paint the base coat on your nails, wrapping the free edge of your nails so that you'll see less tip wear.
4. Paint 1 to 2 coats of color. Lamestain is such an intense color I only used 1 coat. Make sure you wrap the color around the free edge of your nail.
5. Paint a coat of your top coat and wrap it around the free edge of your nail.
6. Once the nails are dry, choose the pattern you want to do for your nail art stickers. Then use tweezers to pull the stickers off of their paper and apply them to your nails.
7. Finish with 1 to 2 coats of top coat, wrapping the free edge. This will secure the stickers in place and help your mani to last.
Do you like to do nail art? What's your favorite style?
Today's post was written by my friend Phyrra, who has a fun beauty blog you should definitely check out! She has a love of color and her tutorials are always inspiring me. I'm lucky to count her among my close friends, she really is one of the nicest people I know!