Let’s face it, there are mornings when we don’t have an hour to complete our hair and makeup. When I’m in a pinch, I go for my 15 minute routine. I opt for products that eliminate the need for extra steps or do not need brushes. A makeup routine gets bogged down with the number of products and steps. I do not get fancy with outer Vs or smoky eyes. I keep it fresh, simple and flawless.
So, what do I reach for?
1. Hot rollers: Since they heat up in minutes, I turn them on while I apply my foundation. Then I roll and allow them to set during the rest of my routine. This means I can knock out my hair and makeup at the same time. You can blast them with cool air from your hairdryer when you’re really in a hurry.
2. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation: This includes a primer and concealer, which eliminates two steps in my routine. This foundation gives flawless coverage. Plus, it can be applied with your hands.
3. ELF High Definition Powder: This translucent powder isn’t cakey and sets my foundation and cream blush without adding extra color.
4. Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer: Since this palette has 4 shades, you can go to the lighter pigments for effortless contouring.
5. Benefit Fine One One: This cream blush comes in stick form with three shades. You swipe on and blend out with your finger. I use the lightest shade to complete my highlighting.
6. Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye shadow: These shadow sticks have the primer built in. You swipe them across your lid, blend with your fingers and you’re good to go all day long.
7. Revlon ColorStay Eye Liner: This liquid liner comes in pen form, making application simple.
8. Wet ‘n Wild Mega Impact: This inexpensive mascara delivers serious volume without flaking or weighing down your lashes.
9. Neutrogena ColorStick: This lip product is an all in one treat. I can swipe it on, get great pigmentation, shine and moisture.
Arielle is the author of Beauty by Arielle. Beauty by Arielle is a blog focusing on cosmetics, hair, nails and fashion. The blog features reviews and tutorials. Beauty by Arielle was a 2013 finalist in Allure magazine’s Beauty Blogger of the Year contest. Arielle lives in Indiana with her husband and dog.