With the weather getting hotter, I’m on the look out for new ways to keep my hair out of my face without resorting to a boring pony tail over and over. Kristin Bell recently had a cute look on the Red Carpet, luckily Stylist Emily Owen from Dyer & Posta shared some tips for how to recreate the look.
1. Start by french braiding the top of your hair until you reach the middle of the back of your head (level with your ears). When you reach the middle of your head, switch to a basic traditional braid.
2. Tie the end of the braid with a hair tie and pull the braid back so that you can flatten it down with your hand.
3. Next, take a small section of hair starting from your right temple and braid it traditionally toward the original French braid so that it meets the middle part of the back of your head and connects with the original braid. Then tie with a hair tie and pin for hold.
4. Repeat this process on the left side of your head using two smaller braids to finish. You should come out with one big braid in the center of your head, one braid coming around the right side of your head to meet the large middle braid, and two smaller braids coming around the left side of your head to reach the other braids.
5. For this look, Emily recommends applying Bumble and bumble Texture Crème while hair is damp. This product will help with hold and provide a matte-look finish. Bumble and bumble Surf Spray should be applied next while hair is still damp before blowdrying. Bumble and bumble Spray de Mode Hairspray is perfect for setting and finishing the style.