Rose Byrne’s look at the Screen Actor Guild Awards this year was soft and romantic. Her makeup was done by ck one color global make up artist, Hung Vanngo.
“When creating actress Rose Byrne’s makeup for the SAG Awards we wanted to complement the dress she was wearing with a soft romantic smoky eye in pastel shades. Then a bright pink lip added a pop of color to complete a beautiful and modern look.” Hung Vanngo, ck one global makeup artist
• ck one 3-in-1 face makeup in sand 300
• ck one skin illuminator in warm
• ck one airlight pressed powder in fair 200
• ck one mousse concealer in fair 200
• ck one cream + powder blush duo in posh 300
First I prepped Rose’s skin with face moisturize and eye cream, then I used a foundation brush to apply the 3-in-1 face makeup (sand) with few drops of the skin illuminator (warm). After that, I added a touch of the mousse concealer (fair) underneath the eyes and around the nose. Everything was set with airlight pressed powder in fair. I used ck one cream + blush duo(posh) on her cheekbones and little bit on the temples, using the cream blush first then setting it with the powder blush. To highlight and add dimension I applied the ck one skin illuminator (warm) on top of the cheekbones, nose and forehead.
• ck one brow pencil + gel duo in wily brunette 300
• ck one mascara in show 800
• ck one powder eyeshadow quad in angel 800 & disco 200
• ck one double-ended eyeliner in tender/vicious 100
For the eyes, I applied the ck one double-ended eyeliner (tender/vicious) using the brown shade to line the upper outer corner of the lash line. I then used the pink shade for the upper inner corner and lower lash line blending them really well so it didn’t look like Rose was wearing eyeliner. After that I applied the ck one powder eyeshadow quad’s (angel and disco). I used the lavender color in the disco quad mainly on the upper corner of the eyelids, and soft pink color in the angel quad on the rest of eyelid, blending the shades together. Finally, I swept two coats of the ck one mascara (show) on upper lashes and one coat in the lower lashes. To shape Rose’s brows, I just extended and filled them in a little with ck one brow pencil + gel duo (wily brunette).
• ck one pure color lipstick in wow 110
For a pop of color we used the ck one pure color lipstick (wow), a stunning bright pink shade, I skipped using lip liner so the lips looked soft on the edges. Finally, I used ck one airlight pressed powder (fair) on Rose’s t-zone to set her makeup.
Rose’s retro waves were created by John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh. They are more controlled, glossy and flat to the head, creating a modern look.
1. Josh applied a few pumps of the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Formula Hair Serum through wet hair and blow dried using a large, round bristle brush. “The key to this look is a flawless blowout,” said Josh. ” Her waves need to be completely controlled and any hint of frizz would disrupt the style.”
2. After sectioning off the hair, Josh wrapped each section around a small curling iron and then carefully brushed it out.
3. Josh finished off the look by applying a sheer coat of Frizz-Ease 100% Shine to ensure that her waves glistened when the light from the flash bulbs hit on it.