But, I gotta be honest here. If I'm alone on some island, I'd just be using those basics and not worrying about eye shadow. Give me sunscreen (broad spectrum, water resistant and SPF 50+ preferred), lip balm and a hair tie. Done. I'm definitely not going to be messing with eye liner.
Sooo.... that's a pretty boring desert island beauty post. I pick a yoga tie. Can't have a pony tail crease when all alone on the island, right?
So, I'll stick to 12 items, but we'll say that I'm heading back to Hualalai (ooooh, I'm coming for you chocolatey deserts!), for a quiet vacation with my hubby. I still get my basic skin care, sunscreen, shampoo/conditioner and hair removal products (aka- razor and shave gel are in copious supplies). But, I only get 12 items to style my hair (hmmm, bring a blow dryer or use the one supplied by the hotel?) and do my makeup. Assume that once I step out the shower, I must count anything I use as an item. (It's a good thing I put moisturizer on in the shower! Totally not going to count that!) For a week that includes fun at the pool, dinner with my husband and heading out on boating excursions. Basically, I wanted to show the fun stuff. Makeup and hair styling.
2. Stila Convertible Color in Lillium: This is a perfect flush, and when applied with fingers it creates such a pretty glow. It also lasts all day.
3. CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation: You might have noticed on Instagram that I repurchased this foundation a few days ago. With my new hair color I'm suddenly much paler and more porcelain than I was before. Or, it's much more noticeable. (Note, I also started treatment for Rosacea with a topical antibiotic a few months ago and my skin is gradually getting more and more porcelain. I guess I had redness that I didn't realize was there? It's definitely related to the Clinda.) I spent a long time wandering around putting swatches of foundation on my face at ULTA, and this long time favorite was the only product with a good match. It has medium-ish coverage, but can easily build if needed, blends with just my fingers and doesn't disappear by the end of the day. I'm #410.
4. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer: Obviously, you need to look awake.
5. Tweezerman Lash Curler: It would be a waste to bring mascara without a curler. They must go together.
6. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara: I love this mascara! It can build and build and build without any clumps. While 30 coats aren't needed, with 3-4 coats (yes, I really do that sometimes) my lashes are amazing.
2. L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Eternally Nude and 3. Infinite Fuchsia: This is a gloss that also works as a stain, feels moisturizing and the colors are amazing! Eternally Nude is a great light nude shade that doesn't make me look washed out and Infinite Fuchsia is a bright fuchsia that is *almost* a red, but is more fun instead.
4. Goody Quik Style Brush: This brush makes drying your hair so much faster with results that are softer, straighter and healthier looking. Which means I can use the hotel blow dryer and don't need a flat iron.
5. DermOrganic Leave-In Treatment: This is another hair oil with Argan Oil, but it seems to have a much wider margin of error than most. It's all I need for soft and shiny hair.
6. Elie Saab Perfume: My hubby loves this floral scent, it's pretty and light without being boring.
Photo Credit: James Wheeler via Flickr